Don’t get me wrong! I love a good burger, especially a good plant-based burger! I used Impossible Foods plant-based patty for a healthier vegan meat alternative burger with Israeli salad. This mouthwatering Vegan Burger with Israeli Salad is bright, balanced and beautiful!
- 1 can (455g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4C tahini
- 1/2C fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or Sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig fresh dill, rough chopped
- 1 spring fresh mint, rough chopped
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 package (340g or 12oz) Impossible Burger Patties or meat-alternative burger patties
- 2 tbsp Za’atar seasoning or Montreal Steak seasoning
- 2 brioche burger bun
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1C Havarti Cheese, shredded
HOW TO MAKE ISREALI SALAD
- In a small mixing bowl, add Sherry vinegar (red wine vinegar works also), minced shallots, sugar, mustard, salt, and ground black pepper to make the vinaigrette. Mix well until emulsified and homogenous.
- In a medium mixing bowl, Add thinly sliced cucumber, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, fresh cilantro, mint and dill, vinaigrette and toss together. Set aside.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS
- In a Vitamix or food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning. Blend until smooth. Set Aside.
- If you do not require the burger to be 100% vegan, labneh also makes a good substitute for hummus.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BURGER WITH ISREALI SALAD
- Divide a package of Impossible Burger patty approximately 6 oz or 170g and shape into patties. Season both sides with Za’atar seasoning or Montreal steak seasoning.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium high heat, add olive oil and sear the patties on each side until a crust forms. Approximately 1 and half minutes.
- Top each patty with cheese or vegan cheese and cover the pan until the cheese melts. Approximately 30 seconds.
- While the patties are cooking, toast a brioche bun.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of hummus or labneh on the bottom of each bun. Divide avocado slices and add to the bun.
- Once the patties are done cooking, transfer them to the bottom buns. Top each burger with 2 tablespoon of Isreali salad. Place the brioche bun tops on top.
- If you have extra salad, serve as a side!
- Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan burger, plant based, meat alternative, main dish, veggie burger, vegan burger patties, impossible burger, isreali recipe, isreali salad, instanomss, healthy recipes, dinner recipes, plant based burger