The Urban Tea Merchant Vancouver is located on Alberni Street, Downtown Vancouver. It neighbours with luxury brands such as Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry. Restaurant brands such as Black+Blue, Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Café, and Kobe Japanese Steak and Seafood House and other boutique shops nearby.
If you have read my previous post where I featured their Signature Holiday Afternoon Tea, you will be familiar in the fact that The Urban Tea Merchant specializes in the experience of fine luxury tea enjoyment. A “destination” retreat away from the everyday busy life. Relax and enjoy tasty savouries and sweets snacks that are tea-infused to playfully excite your palate.
February is a month for the celebration of love. Whether you are stuck by Cupid`s arrow or strung together by the Red String of Fate you will fall in love with Sweetheart Trio for Two ($20 pp). We were ever so honored to be invited by Casey and Reza to visit their Flagship store once again.
More Interesting facts we found out:
- Casey prefers floral teas whereas Reza prefers traditional blends (both will vary depending on the season)
- Chef Micheal once travelled around the world four times while cooking
- The Urban Tea Merchant is expanding into lunch menu selection priced point around $12 – downtown office workers rejoice!
- The Urban Tea Merchant features To-Go / Take Out tea menus – milk tea lattes, tea blends
- Read more of our previous Exclusive Interview with The Urban Tea Merchant Team.
As we chatted over featured teas for the new season, Reza, the expert Tea Sommelier gave us insightful knowledge and the breakdown of the teas. We learnt that the reasons some teas smell incredibly delightful yet tastes terribly watered-down are the result of added essential oils – something TWG is against. At any given time there are about 200+ tea selections available at The Urban Tea Merchant.
- Bain de Roses Tea blends the sensual Darjeeling with extraordinary roses along with hints of vanilla. Simply a floral indulgence.
- Love Me Tea engages fine green tea with an armful of fragrant lime blossoms and verbena. A sweet charming seduction. The fine tea blend also features tiny silver candies – a reminiscent of childhood sweet tooth.
- Sweet Romance Tea is a sweet blend of decaffeinated black tea and red berries is accented with notes of raw vanilla bean.
- Earl Grey Chocolate Tea is a marriage of traditional bergamot with pure dark chocolate. The mixture somewhat smells like lavender at first.
The Sweetheart Trio for Two features a flame-less fondue of tea-infused chocolate dips. The beauty of the fireless fondue is that the chocolate taste intensifies (perhaps because it does not get evaporated?) yet still maintains the liquid fluidity – it does not harden even over a long session.
- “Matcha” madeleine, chocolate dipped
- “Matcha” pound cake
- “Love Me Tea” Chocolate Cake Delight
- Fresh Fruits
- Chocolate Delight – a crispy rice bottom layer, tea infused jelly with a chocolate mousse
We both really enjoyed the madeleines the most – the density and matcha flavor paired really well together.
We wait intently for the cherry blossoms to bloom both in Vancouver and at The Urban Tea Merchant.
- Afternoon Tea
- Pacific Northwest
- Retail Shop
- Flagship Store: Downtown
- Original Store: West Vancouver
- Wine / champagne list
- TWG exclusive distributors
- Tea Ambassadors
- Education Classes
- Tea Tasting
The Urban Tea Merchant Vancouver
Cuisine: Tea Rooms, Desserts, Pacific Northwest
Hours: Monday to Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
1070 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y2