As the holidays are approaching, we are very excited to indulge in an afternoon filled with fine teas, sweet treats, and savory finger sandwiches. The Urban Tea Merchant will be featuring a decadent Holiday Afternoon Tea Service starting at $48 pp. The afternoon tea set has had a new face lift filled with seasonal colors warming to the changing colors of the autumn leaves.
Seasonal teas are packaged in red, white, blue and gold. The Magic Christmas Tea comes as an elixir molten black hand-blown glass flask and encased in a royal velvet pouch. This could be the perfect gift to the tea-loving special someone. The Magic Christmas Tea: rooibos tea with citrus fruits and notes of dark chocolate. The Noel! Noel! Tea is a warm and gentle black tea with white Yin Zhen tea blend of fragrant spices and tones of clementine with rich Tahitian vanilla.
Of course, other festive teas are also available such as the Christmas Lights Tea: A light green tea with very complex flavors of almond, marzipan and spices; Festive Night Tea: A light green tea smooth with citrus, cherry and spice; Red Christmas Tea: A bold red rooibos with holiday winter spice; and Holiday Spirit Tea: a bold black tea with spicy apple notes.
Sweets Tier (Top Tier):
- Miraculous Mandarin: salted caramel pudding with black salt. This new addition of panacotta was one of my favorites and I love how sweet collides with salt bringing black tea together with salted caramel. Bravo!
- Red Christmas & Spice Route: fruit paté with a handful of fresh fruits, chocolate dipped strawberries, jack fruits, pineapples and gooseberries provides acidity and cleanses the palate.
- Magic Christmas: butter cookie
- Camelot: pumpkin tart with a light tart crust and an airy pumpkin puree filling.
Baked Goods (Second Tier)
- Matcha: chocolate dipped green tea madeleine
- Scones with devon crème & Geisha Blossom Tea-infused jelly
Savouries (Bottom Tier)
- Kukicha: braised beef
- Lapsang Souchong: chicken salad with a crunchy waffle cone
- 1837 Black Tea: marinated beets, goat gouda and sprouted greens
- Race Day: creamy tuna tartare, quail eggs
- Magic Flute: roast turkey breast, ﬁg jam
- Smoked salmon ribbon with ponzu jelly
The Urban Tea Merchant Vancouver
Cuisine: Tea Rooms, Desserts, Pacific Northwest
Hours: Monday to Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
1070 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6E 2Y2