The 41th annual Vancouver International Wine Festival event is returning between February 23 to March 03, 2019. This year’s themed wine region is California! The wine festival will feature 175 Wineries and 15 Countries – with 53 participating wineries from California. Tickets sales for the […]
Tag: Vancouver International Wine Festival
Vancouver International Wine Festival‘s Winery Lunch took place yesterday at Lift Bar & Grill at Coal Harbour. The reception featured a sumptuous sit-down lunch featuring food-friendly wines from Latin America. Enjoy wines from Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. Featured Wines: Bodega Catena Zapata Catena Malbec 2015 Domaine Bousquet Organic […]
Vancouver International Wine Festival‘s Winery Dinners took place last night at Yew Seafood and Bar at the Four Seasons Vancouver Hotel. The Italian Dinner was featured Castello di Gabbiano‘s winemaker Frederico Cerelli for a night of exceptional Italian wines and west coast cuisine.
- Pinot Grigio 2015: Crisp, dry and refreshing with flavours of green apple, citrus, and tropical fruits.
- Dark Night IGT Toscana 2016: Intense notes of ripe red berry fruit and sweet spices, coffee and chocolate.
- Chianti Classico Riserva 2015: Full ruby color with excellent fruity notes on a sweet and spicy background. Vigorous body. Excellent tannins.
- Bellezza Gran Selezione 2012: Bright notes of cherry and blackberry with spice and vanilla.
- Alleanza IGT 2011: Intense red with black pepper, cloves and ripe fruit. Luscious tannins and toasty oak notes.
Featured Dinner Menu:
- Salmon Gravlax: Toasted rye crumbs, cucumber, fennel and lime sorbet
- Roaster Sweetbreads: Carrots, puffed quinoa, foie gras snow
- Spiced Lamb Ravioli: Harissa and Farro
- Honey Roasted Duck: Celeriac puree, golden beets, mushrooms, 5 spice jus
- Triple Cream Truffle Cheese: Poached pear, hazelnut crumble
I was invited by Vancouver International Wine Festival for a menu tasting.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page..
The 38th annual Vancouver International Wine Festival eight day event between February 20 – 28, 2016 came and went just like that. This year’s theme country focuses on Italy with 155 Wineries and 14 Countries. Aside from the Tasting Room itself, there are lots of wine events […]