Vancouver International Wine Festival is one of Canada’s premier food & wine event that you don’t want to miss. This year’s themed wine region is France but to kick the event off we enjoyed a wonderful evening with The Duckhorn Portfolio of brands at The Victor Steakhouse…
Tag: Vancouver International Wine Festival
The 41st Vancouver International Wine Festival glorious week-long event came to a close on Sunday, March 3. This premier food and wine event featured 160 wineries, 16 countries, 54 events, shared 1,450 wines with 25,000 participants and attendees. This year, the theme was “Dream Big: California Style” with 53 wineries from…
Vancouver International Wine Festival is one of Canada’s premier food & wine event that you don’t want to miss. Although this year’s themed wine region is California, we enjoyed a sumptuous winery lunch at Lift Bar & Grill at Coal Harbour featuring food-friendly wines from Chile and Argentina.
Domaine Bousquet Organic Brut NV – Aromas of citrus, apple and tropical fruits. Tastes of green apple flavour and aroma, tropical and delicate minerality. Made from organic grapes.
Cono Sur Vineyards & Winery Single Vineyard Chardonnay 2018 – Aromas of citrus, grapefruit, lime, pineapples and white flowers. Smooth, flavourful taste of acidity, mineral and saline hints. 20% in French barrels for 5 months leads to a less oaky finish.
Viña Santa Ema Amplus Carmenére ONE 2017 – Aromas of sour cherries, black pepper and chocolate. Bright tasting, well bodied and concentration with a fruity ending linger.
Bodega Argento Cabernet Franc Reserva 2016 – Aromas of cherry, raspberry, currant leaves and fruits. Tastes of herbs and cassis for spicy notes. Tastes of sweet tannins, spiciness, rich and full-bodied with a long finish. Argento Reserva is a limited selection of fuller-bodied wines with a greater concentration of fruit and complexity. The grapes used to make these wines come from the Argento’s oldest vineyards in Mendoza.
Achaval-Ferrer Mendoza Malbec 2017 – Aromas are fresh and floral, featuring blackberry, raspberry and violets. Taste is dense, thick with a noticeable mineral frame. It is acidic with silky tannins and a long finish.
My favourite was the bright crimson Gran Reserva Carmenere from Santa Ema.
Featured Lunch Menu:
- AMUSE: Argentinean Prawn with Chimichurri
- CHILLED SEAFOOD SALAD: Wine braised octopus, clams, mussels, squid, chorizo chips and warm garlic beard
- SLOW COOKED BEEF SHORTRIB: Infused Jasmine rice, winter vegetables, spicy corn salsa and red pepper coulis
- CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL
Mon 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
Tue 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
Wed 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
Thu 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
Fri 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
Sat 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Menchion Mews, Vancouver, BC V6G 3H2
The 41th annual Vancouver International Wine Festival event is returning between February 23 to March 03, 2019. This year’s themed wine region is California! The wine festival will feature 175 Wineries and 15 Countries – with 53 participating wineries from California. Tickets sales for the…
Vancouver International Wine Festival‘s Winery Lunch took place yesterday at Lift Bar & Grill at Coal Harbour. The reception featured a sumptuous sit-down lunch featuring food-friendly wines from Latin America. Enjoy wines from Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. Featured Wines: Bodega Catena Zapata Catena Malbec 2015 Domaine Bousquet Organic…
Vancouver International Wine Festival‘s Winery Dinners took place last night at Yew Seafood and Bar at the Four Seasons Vancouver Hotel. The Italian Dinner was featured Castello di Gabbiano‘s winemaker Frederico Cerelli for a night of exceptional Italian wines and west coast cuisine.
- Pinot Grigio 2015: Crisp, dry and refreshing with flavours of green apple, citrus, and tropical fruits.
- Dark Night IGT Toscana 2016: Intense notes of ripe red berry fruit and sweet spices, coffee and chocolate.
- Chianti Classico Riserva 2015: Full ruby color with excellent fruity notes on a sweet and spicy background. Vigorous body. Excellent tannins.
- Bellezza Gran Selezione 2012: Bright notes of cherry and blackberry with spice and vanilla.
- Alleanza IGT 2011: Intense red with black pepper, cloves and ripe fruit. Luscious tannins and toasty oak notes.
Featured Dinner Menu:
- Salmon Gravlax: Toasted rye crumbs, cucumber, fennel and lime sorbet
- Roaster Sweetbreads: Carrots, puffed quinoa, foie gras snow
- Spiced Lamb Ravioli: Harissa and Farro
- Honey Roasted Duck: Celeriac puree, golden beets, mushrooms, 5 spice jus
- Triple Cream Truffle Cheese: Poached pear, hazelnut crumble
I was invited by Vancouver International Wine Festival for a menu tasting.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page..
The 38th annual Vancouver International Wine Festival eight day event between February 20 – 28, 2016 came and went just like that. This year’s theme country focuses on Italy with 155 Wineries and 14 Countries. Aside from the Tasting Room itself, there are lots of wine events…