This post is sponsored by the Amarula Cream Liqueur. Please enjoy responsibly. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen! Amarula Cream Liqueur Spiked Chai Spice Ice Cream Parfait is just the dessert you […]
Tag: ice cream
Enjoy the pleasant aroma of Japanese roasted green tea with this easy to make Hojicha Oat Milk Ice Cream Recipe. All it takes is 5 minutes! What I love about my Hojicha Ice Cream recipe is that it almost doesn’t need to be made ahead […]
This post is sponsored by BC Blueberries and I have been compensated monetarily. All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Nomss in the kitchen!
This delicious Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream just needs 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make no-churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, fruity nice cream with a little bit of zing, is egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! Best of all, it is totally healthy and packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
Although you can purchase your blueberries either fresh or frozen, we love summertime in BC most because of the abundance of plump, juicy blueberries readily available. Whether you take the family for a day of highbush blueberry picking at your local farm, BC blueberries offer health benefits, versatility and awesome taste!
How to Buy & Store Fresh Blueberries
I love looking for those firm, plump deep blue coloured berries. We love snacking on them throughout the day! To keep your blueberries fresh, refrigerate them as soon as you get them home, in their original plastic packaging. I like to store them in a glass covered bowl container. Only rinse your berries just before you’re going to use them.
Pro Tip: Buy extra blueberries and freeze them so you can eat them throughout the year. To freeze your blueberries, wash them and make sure they’re dry and keep them in a reusable food storage silicone bag.
For store-bought frozen BC blueberries. Look for the “BC Grown” logo, and check the country of origin listed on the bag to make sure it says “Canada”!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
- Low in calories but high in nutrients – the most nutrient dense berries. One cup (148 gram) serving of blueberries contains 4 grams Fiber, 24% RDI Vitamin C, 36% RDI Vitamin K and 25% RDI of Maganese.
- Antioxidants – excellent source of antioxidants that protects your body from free radicals.
- Reduces Cholesterol – blueberries help reduce a predominant risk factor for heart disease by preventing oxidative damage to “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Anti-Diabetes Effect – helps to improve insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
How To Make Blueberry Nice Cream
Making frozen desserts and ice cream at home is easy. All it takes is 3 ingredients and you can be enjoying fresh homemade blueberry no-churn ice cream in less than 5 minutes!
I like to use unsweetened Thai coconut milk, organic coconut sugar and frozen blueberries for a creamy and healthy Nice-cream dessert. I love that it is so simple yet so refreshing and guilt-free!
Add all the ingredients in the order above to your Vitamix blender (liquids first, then powder and frozen items last.)
Blend on high for 40 seconds and stirring occasionally with the tamper to keep pressing the ingredients towards the blade for a smooth, even blend.
Fold in lemon zest after the ice cream has finished blending. Serve immediately and enjoy!
‘Go Blue on South Granville’ Event
To launch the start of this year’s fresh blueberry season, the British Columbia Blueberry Council (BCBC) is teaming up with the South Granville Business Improvement Association (SGBIA) to celebrate all things blue – as in blueberries – for ‘Go Blue on South Granville’. This 10-day event will take place from July 18 to 28, 2019 along South Granville.
A number of South Granville’s restaurants will be featuring local blueberries in both savoury and sweet offerings, as well as beverages. In addition, the street (from 5th to 16th Ave) will be transformed with hues of blue as various retailers will be celebrating blueberries in their own ways – with special promotions, sales, events, and decorations.
@bcblueberries #GoBlueSouthGran #instanomssPrint
This delicious Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream just needs 3 ingredients! You’re going to love this easy to make, no churn ice cream recipe that can be ready to eat in less than 5 mins! This insanely creamy, fruity nice cream with a little bit of zing, is egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and totally vegan! Best of all, it is absolutely healthy and packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and folate for a healthy boost to your immune system!
- Add ingredients (Thai coconut milk, organic coconut sugar and frozen blueberries) in the order above to your Vitamix blender. Liquids first, then powder and frozen items.
- Blend on high for 40 seconds and stirring occasionally with the tamper to keep pressing the ingredients towards the blade for a smooth, even blend.
- Fold in lemon zest after the ice cream has finished blending.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- How to freeze blueberries: To freeze your blueberries, make sure they’re dry and keep them in their original plastic clamshell, or put them in re-sealable plastic bags or containers.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- If you prefer a harder consistency, set in the freezer for 30 mins before immediate serving.
- Don’t overdo it: Blending for more than a minute will cause the mixture to start melting.
- The ideal ratio for frozen desserts is approximately 1 cup of frozen fruits to 1/4 cup of liquid.
Keywords: BC Blueberries, Blueberry Lemon Zest Coconut Milk Ice Cream, blueberry nice Cream recipe, no churn ice cream, Vitamix ice cream recipe, desserts, egg-free, dairy-free, Vegan ice cream, Gluten-Free
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Salt & Straw is a really popular ice cream shop in Portland, Oregon. Those that live in Portlandia will know this. And for us folks in Vancouver, BC probably know this too during our many road trips down South. It is like the Earnest Ice […]
BETA5 Chocolates Vancouver is one of the best chocolaterie shops in Vancouver. They are known for their decadent cream puffs, artisan award winning chocolates and even Saturday sundaes. BETA5 is located on 413 Industrial Avenue near Chinatown / Main Street Skytrain Station – quite close to Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub, Torafuku, and Olympic Village. Adding to The Ultimate Summer Cool Down List this summer, we sampled their ice cream sandwich.
BETA 5 Chocolates Ice Cream Sandwich Flavors
Flavors changes weekly. They also became sold out quickly. There is a constant mad rush of people pulling up to the garage to get their hands on these tasty treats.
- Salted Caramel: caramel ice cream, salted caramel sauce, butterscotch sugar cookie
- Mint Chocolate Chip: fresh garden mint ice cream with shaved dark chocolate, dark chocolate shortbread cookie
- Milk Chocolate and Pear: Chai spiced milk chocolate ice cream, pear ice cream, chai-spiced sugar cookie
I love me a good chai latte! So natural, I ordered the milk chocolate and pear ice cream sandwich. It is light tasting and not very heavy. The sweetness was mild and we enjoyed the sugar cookie with a subtle kick.
BETA 5 Chocolates
Cuisine: Chocolate, Desserts, Ice Cream
Tue 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Wed 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Thu 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Fri 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sat 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
413 Industrial Ave, Vancouver, BC V6A 2P3
It’s been awhile since I had some time to myself, to wind down, read #GIRLBOSS while enjoying some Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder and Frozen Coconut Ice Cream. Ambitious? Why the hell not? After all, it is Friday (or it should be TGIF everyday). Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA Certified Organic. The tea plants are free from harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. USDA Certified Organic ensures that the tea plants used does not absorb these toxic elements. Kiss Me Organics tests their tea samples from several organic farms to ensure that they bring you the purest tea products available. Their green tea matcha powder has a darker hue than some green tea matcha powder I’m used to using.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Power Benefits:
- All day energy and focus: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- Metabolism Boost: Consuming Matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expenditure. Supports weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism.
- Improved Skin Health: Match Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out – Matcha Green Tea Powder BUY HERE
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Nut Ice Cream Recipe:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Kiss Me Organics Matcha powder
- ½ tbsp. bitter almond or rum extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- Make sure you start with a cold mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream and extract then whip until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile mix chopped nuts and Matcha in to condensed milk.
- Fold condensed milk mixture into whipped cream until blended.
- Transfer your ice cream-to-be to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. If you have KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment, you can cut your time in half!
- Enjoy by the scoop.
- Garnish with mint if desired.
- Recipe makes 1 quart, 4 to 8 servings.
Kiss Me Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp. Matcha powder
- ¾ cup almond milk (or soy or cow or goat milk)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
- Bring almond milk to a simmer in a small pot.
- Whisk boiling water slowly with the Kiss Me Organic Matcha powder in the mug, then pour in almond milk. Tip the cup to up the foam factor.
- Sweeten with agave syrup if desired.
- Makes 1 latte.
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out here:
We recently discovered Frozen Coconut, Be Coconut Water, and Be Coconut Chips at the 2014 Grocery Showcase West and CHFA West 2014. One of my favorite desserts is ice cream. Frozen Coconut Ice Cream is extremely creamy and is made from fair trade ingredients, raw (flash heated) coconut […]
“Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.” Don Kardong. I truly believe ice cream solves everything – especially delicious good quality ice cream. There is something about frozen treats that invokes pure happiness, child like emotions and bliss. The following is a the ultimate […]
Often the sun couldn’t decide to rain or shine in Vancouver but at least there is Rain or Shine Ice Cream Vancouver in Kitsilano. The name is a bit tongue in cheek and fitting for Vancouver weather. This ice cream parlor is located across from Tractors Foods on the corner of West 4th and Cypress Street. Owners Josie Fenton and Blair Casey created Rain or Shine Ice Cream with a goal to serve good quality ice cream made without artificial flavors, corn syrup. Ingredients are sourced locally and seasonally or imported organic and fair trade.
Rain or Shine Ice Cream Flavors – Keeps
- Salted Caramel
- London Fog
- Honey Lavender
- Blueberry Balsamic
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Chocolate Chunk (vegan)
- Cracked Mint
We tried the Coconut Chocolate Chunk today and it is creamy and light. The chocolate chunks was great for bite and also to cut the sweetness of the coconut. The waffle cone on the hand was to die for. Super light and crunchy. I can only imagine how delicious Taco Tuesday would be – Ice Cream Tacos in a waffle shell.
Rain or Shine Ice Cream
Cuisine: Ice Cream, Dessert
Tue 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Wed 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Thu 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Fri 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sat 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sun 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
1926 W 4th Ave #102, Vancouver, BC V6J 1M6
The last day of Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014 falls on Valentine’s Day. And while most people have booked and planned an evening at the most romatic restaurant in Vancouver, some like us option for dessert first. We happen to be around Bella Gelateria Vancouver and am […]
Ghirardelli Chocolate San Francisco is located by the Fisherman’s Wharf on North Point Street by the water. It is one of the biggest San Francisco tourist attraction and a place for people to get souvenirs. We got some chocolates here for our friends back home. […]