Host like a star with these new deliciously addicting dips from SPUD.ca and Be Fresh! As Chef Paul McGreevy joins their team as the new Director of Food, he has also recently come out with two dips – the Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip and the Envious Ed […]
For many parents, getting their toddlers to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables is a chore. There’s a lot of pressure in parenting to figure out how to get a toddler well hydrated. As much as I want to avoid being a “Bad Mom”, sometimes […]
Naked Snacks is a Vancouver based Canadian healthy snacks subscription box. It is a service that sends wholesome snacks to your door. I love snacking while watching Netflix. Watching a movie without some sort of snack just isn’t the same! So, it is great to switch up the high calorie potato chips for something more hearty and nutritious without compromising on great taste! These snacks also comes in handy whenever friends and family comes to visit!
How It Works
- Size: Choose from three different boxes to suit your snacking needs: 5 snacks, 1o snacks or 20 snacks. For example, 5 personal snacking includes 5 large bags / 20 portions inside each box.
- Frequency: Select how often you would like to receive snacks in the mail: every 2 weeks, once a month or every 2 months. You can change, pause or cancel anytime. Natural shelf life of the snacks is 3 months.
- Snacks: Pick you snacks from a selection of sweet or savoury items like Aloha Kauai (Salted macadamia nuts, banana chips, crystallized pineapple, toasted flaked coconut), Maui Pineapple Rings, Sriracha Cashews, PB Chocolate Granola (this is great for making your breakfast parfait!)
A post shared by Nancy Wu 📍Vancouver Food Blog (@instanomss) on
Naked Snacks follow an unique 80/20 nutritional philosophy: 80% whole grown goodness straight from the source, 20% earned indulgence as a reward for making smart decisions. Their snacks promises a healthy snacking option without compromising great taste.
Use Promo Code “nomss” when you order from Naked Snacks and get $10 off your first box!
This post is sponsored by Naked Snacks. Opinions are completely my own
Harvest Community Foods (or as I like to refer to Harvest Union) is a local grocer servicing the Chinatown-Strathcona neighbourhood at 243 Union St. The grocery and food shop began is a community project (This Space), in which a public vote determined the use of the […]
It’s getting festive here! To celebrate we are hosting 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! Each day there will be an INCREDIBLE giveaway between December 7th to 18th. We will be announcing a NEW prize each day! Yup! That’s right – there are at least 12 prizes in total! And […]
“I don’t like cake” said no one ever! Especially if it is a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake! Right?! Christmas holidays are coming up and so are potlucks and gatherings. Every year, we struggle with a last minute mad rush to Costco to buy something to bring to house parties. This year, I said “No more! We are bringing something homemade!” And maybe a specialty advent calendar as a Christmas gift to set the mood!
Personally, I like cakes that are not too sweet. And I love lemony flavors! It’s super fresh and happy to look at. So I’m sharing with you this simple easy to make Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake recipe. I call it a cake very loosely. I mean, you can probably call it a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Loaf or Super Moist Lemon Lavender Bread… We’re not choosy. But a cake definitely sounds more festive!
We are also giving away a 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan. Read down below for more info!
This lemon cake is for serious lemon lovers. I picked up a bunch of fresh lemons from the farmer’s market and couldn’t help to make myself a fresh batch! The lemony flavors lies in the zest. Adding more zest will add lemon flavor without the bitterness.
I was curious to see if there were any cool and eloquent lemon quotes on the internet. All I found were “if life gives you lemons, make lemonades”… We checked that one off our list by making some Lavender Lemonade.
World Kitchen recently sent us a Baker’s Secret 5 Piece Easy Store Bakeware Set. It’s pretty rad. As its name indicates, this Baker’s Secret bakeware set is easy to store. Each piece nests and stacks with the others for compact, space-saving storage. The pieces also are easy to use and they have nonstick surfaces (safe for metal utensils!) and are dishwasher safe.
Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
Lemon Lavender Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 lemons zest (4 if you like it extra lemony)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs French lavender flower buds (I use Cote D’Azur)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pinch salt
Lemon Glaze Optional
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbs lemon juice
Lemon Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease the bottom of your Baker’s Secret 6 cup muffin pan or the 4” x 8” medium loaf pan. Line with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently whisk dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) together. Set aside.
- In your KitchenAid stand mixer (or in a large bowl), cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs, lavender buds and lemon zest at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in dry flour mixture and buttermilk at medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for:
- Bake until directed or until toothpick inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Cool off and rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan onto a wired rack.
Lemon Glaze Directions
- If would like to add a lemony glaze, whisk all lemon glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Poke some small holes to the top of the lemon cake with toothpicks or a fork.
- Brush the glaze on top of the bread. The little holes will allow the bread to absorb the glaze quicker.
- Rest and let set for a few minutes before adding another layer (if desired).
- Store in an airtight container.
Congrats Jessica C! You have won yourself a new BAKER’S SECRET SQUARE CAKE PAN!
This post is sponsored by World Kitchen monetarily and with product.
It’s been a while since we last had a Minute Rice contest on Nomss.
Minute Rice was so kind to send us a few boxes of their Minute Rice Ready To Serve Cups Easy as ABC. Whether you are busy On the Go, or getting ready for Back-to-School, there’s always time for a hot meal!
Read to the end of the post for a contest to win a 3 cases (48 cups) of Minute Rice® Ready To Serve Cups Easy!
As if making rice isn’t easy enough, Minute Rice has found a way to make it even easier.
Think one minute. That’s all it takes to prepare unique Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups, available in six delicious varieties to suit a wide range of tastes.
Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups are pre-portioned single serving mini-bowls of rice that take only one minute in the microwave to cook perfectly every time.
Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups Flavors:
- Whole Grain
- Oriental Style
- Vegetable Medley
- Long Grain & Wild Rice – Fine Herbs, Long Grain & Wild Rice
- Chicken Flavour
The rice can be eaten straight out of the cup, as a side dish, or combined with a protein, such as chicken, beef, fish or tofu for a quick one-dish meal.
At about $2.75 for a sleeve of two 125 gram microwaveable cups! Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups are an economical choice for kids’ lunches or snacks, take-to-work lunches, or dinner.
Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups are available at major retailers nationally.
Minute Rice Chicken and Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 Minute Rice® Ready to Serve Cup – Long Grain & Wild Rice – Chicken Flavour
- Diced fully cooked chicken breast
- Sliced fresh snow peas
- Sliced red onion
- Mandarin orange segments
- Sesame oil and orange zest
1. Heat Minute Rice® Ready to Serve Cup – Long Grain & Wild Rice – Chicken Flavour in microwave, per package instructions.
2. Add diced chicken breast, snow peas and sliced red onion.
3. Stir in mandarin orange segments and sesame orange salad dressing.
Serve on a bed of salad greens
Since we missed the Minute Rice event at George Brown College in Toronto, Minute Rice was so kind to send us a few boxes of their 100% Natural Instant Rice to try. Minute Rice brings convenience and nutrition to your meals. It is a easy, precooked, parboiled long grain […]
This is exciting news. Two of my favorite condiments are coming together for a collaboration. Heinz has announced that they will release a Heinz Sriracha ketchup at a suggested retail price of $2.69 USD. They will be available at your favorite big box supermarket such as Walmart and Target.
I am just glad I don’t have to mix this myself anymore. Suddenly my foods like cheeseburgers, French fries and hot dogs just got tastier.
Want to know how Sriracha hot sauce is made? Check out the video here!
Cheers to our new Yelp CM, Ayla. She did a great job hosting the Yelp Elite event at Luke’s General Store Vancouver in Gastown. First, I love the space at Luke’s – the two story high ceiling loft vibe, vinyl and […]