Montana’s BBQ & Bar restaurant chain launches its first-ever retail offering of fully-cooked and ready-to-eat succulent smoked ribs that are ready in minutes! Available in the refrigerator section of supermarkets like the Real Canadian Superstore from coast to coast, the mouthwatering Texas-style, fall-off-the-bone BBQ pork […]
SPUD.ca is an online grocery store that brings local, organic and sustainable groceries directly to your door. They have a wide range of local and organic produce that follows traceable high standards. Best of all, they are committed to reducing food waste (they are the lowest […]
truLOCAL introduces simple monthly sustainable meat delivery in British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta. Not everyone has time to drive out to the butcher. truLOCAL lets you shop for clean, locally sourced meat products online, and our convenient delivery means fewer trips to the grocery store! I love supporting local farmers and butchers, but I love it, even more, when it comes directly from the source (in your region). All the suppliers are very transparent about how the animals are raised and some are traceable. Also, because I live in BC, my truLOCAL box features products from local producers like Farmcrest, Ogopogo, Organic Ocean, Two Rivers, Hopcott Farms, Georels, etc. They were even recently featured on Dragons’ Den!
How To Order?
Choose from a variety of locally sourced products including mouth-watering 100% grass fed steaks, delicious air chilled chicken or wild caught sockeye salmon. You can customize your truLOCAL subscription box online. Simply browse products from farms and suppliers in the comfort of your own home. Choose your box size, choose how often you would like it delivered, and customize the contents of your box to fit your lifestyle! There is no commitment and you have the flexibility to pause, skip or cancel anytime.
Subscribe Now and enter promo code: INSTANOMSSBACON for a free pack of bacon!
Free Shipping. All boxes include free shipping. The box is delivered straight to your door in refrigerated coolers with dry ice so that your products will stay frozen until you get home. Have your box delivered right to your house, apartment, office or gym!
- Small Box (ideal for 1 person) comes with up to 18 individual portions for $125.
- Regular Box (ideal for 2+ people) up to 40 individual portions for $249.
The quality of the meats and seafood are top notch. We used our box over a few weeks and was able to make a variety of healthy meals like this Turkish Spice Beef Freekah Bowl and Baby Friendly InstantPot chili.
truLOCAL is perfect for busybodies or anyone who wishes to have sustainable high-quality meats and seafood in the frozen! Because less time grocery shopping means more time to enjoy life and do the things you LOVE!
Now you enter to WIN a small variety box worth $125 CAD.
Enter to Win
- Enter on our Instagram (HERE).
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us what dish you would cook with meats from truLOCAL. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win Sustainable Meat #subscription box @truLOCAL & @instanomss #shoplocal #bcfreshfarm #foodbloggers #vancouver
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident in BC, Alberta and Ontario (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increase the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! Contest closes Mar 03, 2019 11:59 pm PST. For more information visit truLOCAL.
more: INSTANTPOT TAIWANESE GREEN ONION BEEF ROLLS RECIPE | 牛肉捲餅 | InstantPot Beef Brisket | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Host like a star with these new deliciously addicting dips from SPUD.ca and Be Fresh! As Chef Paul McGreevy joins their team as the new Director of Food, he has also recently come out with two dips – the Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip and the Envious Ed […]
For many parents, getting their toddlers to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables is a chore. There’s a lot of pressure in parenting to figure out how to get a toddler well hydrated. As much as I want to avoid being a “Bad Mom”, sometimes […]
A total Canadian classic cocktail is the ultimate Caesar cocktail. It is a classic and totally crushable. It goes well over brunch and has the snack built right in! It’s Clamato juice based with a hit of vodka with the whole shebang of flavour and spice from ingredients like Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and hot sauce!
With over 418 million Caesars consumed in Canada last year, it’s no wonder us Canucks calls the Caesar a good Canada’s national cocktail!
Central Canada Caesar Cocktail Recipe
Canada’s national cocktail
- 1 oz vodka (local distillery)
- 4 oz Walter Craft Caesar Mix - Mild Spice
- 1 bar spoon maple syrup
- 2 dash hot sauce
- 2 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch fresh grated horseradish
- squeeze lime
- 2 dash celery bitters (or pinch celery salt)
- rim: maple syrup, Montreal steak spice
- garnish: pickled beets, local charcuterie
- Step 1 Rim glass with good quality Canadian maple syrup and Montreal Steak Spice.
- Step 2 Fill glass full with ice, add locally produced vodka, Walter Craft Caesar Mix (Mild Spice), remaining ingredients, and stir gently.
- Step 3 Garnish with pickled beets, charcuterie, fresh lime wedge.
West Coast Caesar Cocktail Recipe
- .05 oz sake (local maker)
- .05 oz gin (local distillery)
- 4 oz Walter Craft Caesar Mix - Mild Spice
- ½ bar spoon Sriracha
- dash soy sauce
- dash rice wine vinegar
- squeeze fresh lime
- rim: lime juice, Walter Craft Caesar Rim
- garnish: seasonal BC seafood (prawn, crab leg, etc), lime, nori
- Step 1 Rim glass with lime juice and Walter Craft Caesar Rim.
- Step 2 Fill glass full with ice, add spirits from your favourite local producers, Walter Craft Caesar Mix (Mild Spice), remaining ingredients, and stir gently.
- Step 3 Garnish with seasonal BC seafood, nori, lime wedge.
Prairie Caesar Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz Canadian Whiskey
- 4 oz Walter Craft Caesar - Classic Spice
- 1 oz beef stock
- 1 dash black pepper bitters (or fresh grated black pepper)
- 1 bar spoon BBQ sauce
- 2 dash hot sauce
- 1 squeeze lemon
- rim: honey, Walter Craft Caesar Rim, cracked black pepper
- garnish: beef jerky (local provider if possible), lemon, celery stalk
- Step 1 Rim glass with local honey, Walter Craft Caesar Rim and cracked black pepper.
- Step 2 Fill glass full with ice, add your favourite Canadian Whiskey, Walter Craft Caesar Mix (Classic Spice), remaining ingredients, and stir gently.
- Step 3 Garnish with locally made beef jerky, fresh lemon wedge and celery stalk.
Maritime Caesar Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz vodka (local distillery)
- 4 oz Walter Craft Caesar Mix — Classic Spice
- 1 oz lobster broth (or clam nectar)
- pinch old bay
- squeeze lemon
- rim: none
- garnish: seasonal Atlantic seafood (lobster, oyster, etc), lemon
- Step 1 Fill glass full with ice, add locally produced vodka, Walter Craft Caesar Mix (Classic Spice), remaining ingredients, and stir gently.
- Step 2 Garnish with seasonal Atlantic seafood and fresh lemon.
- Step 3
Pin the above image to your Cocktail Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
If you discover another great Caesar recipes, please share with me in the comments below!
Remove Ad Block for shopping guide.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page..
Naked Snacks is a Vancouver based Canadian healthy snacks subscription box. It is a service that sends wholesome snacks to your door. I love snacking while watching Netflix. Watching a movie without some sort of snack just isn’t the same! So, it is great to switch […]
Harvest Community Foods (or as I like to refer to Harvest Union) is a local grocer servicing the Chinatown-Strathcona neighbourhood at 243 Union St. The grocery and food shop began is a community project (This Space), in which a public vote determined the use of the […]
“I don’t like cake” said no one ever! Especially if it is a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake! Right?! Christmas holidays are coming up and so are potlucks and gatherings. Every year, we struggle with a last minute mad rush to Costco to buy something to bring to house parties. This year, I said “No more! We are bringing something homemade!” And maybe a specialty advent calendar as a Christmas gift to set the mood!
Personally, I like cakes that are not too sweet. And I love lemony flavors! It’s super fresh and happy to look at. So I’m sharing with you this simple easy to make Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake recipe. I call it a cake very loosely. I mean, you can probably call it a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Loaf or Super Moist Lemon Lavender Bread… We’re not choosy. But a cake definitely sounds more festive!
We are also giving away a 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan. Read down below for more info!
This lemon cake is for serious lemon lovers. I picked up a bunch of fresh lemons from the farmer’s market and couldn’t help to make myself a fresh batch! The lemony flavors lies in the zest. Adding more zest will add lemon flavor without the bitterness.
I was curious to see if there were any cool and eloquent lemon quotes on the internet. All I found were “if life gives you lemons, make lemonades”… We checked that one off our list by making some Lavender Lemonade.
World Kitchen recently sent us a Baker’s Secret 5 Piece Easy Store Bakeware Set. It’s pretty rad. As its name indicates, this Baker’s Secret bakeware set is easy to store. Each piece nests and stacks with the others for compact, space-saving storage. The pieces also are easy to use and they have nonstick surfaces (safe for metal utensils!) and are dishwasher safe.
Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
Lemon Lavender Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 lemons zest (4 if you like it extra lemony)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs French lavender flower buds (I use Cote D’Azur)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pinch salt
Lemon Glaze Optional
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbs lemon juice
Lemon Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease the bottom of your Baker’s Secret 6 cup muffin pan or the 4” x 8” medium loaf pan. Line with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently whisk dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) together. Set aside.
- In your KitchenAid stand mixer (or in a large bowl), cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs, lavender buds and lemon zest at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in dry flour mixture and buttermilk at medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for:
- Bake until directed or until toothpick inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Cool off and rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan onto a wired rack.
Lemon Glaze Directions
- If would like to add a lemony glaze, whisk all lemon glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Poke some small holes to the top of the lemon cake with toothpicks or a fork.
- Brush the glaze on top of the bread. The little holes will allow the bread to absorb the glaze quicker.
- Rest and let set for a few minutes before adding another layer (if desired).
- Store in an airtight container.
Congrats Jessica C! You have won yourself a new BAKER’S SECRET SQUARE CAKE PAN!
This post is sponsored by World Kitchen monetarily and with product.
Agree or disagree: The best thing about November 1st is 50% off Halloween candy sale. Instead of buying expensive candy before October 31, after Halloween is when stores slash prices. They will have plenty of supply left but also forced to put up Christmas candy […]
Prima Taste brand has been ranked best Singapore Laksa Instant Noodles top ten instant noodles two years running. This delicious laksa la mien can be found at T&T and most Asian supermarkets. Each package is approximated 2.60 to 2.99. It instant laksa noodles […]
Happy Planet is passionate about making food that is natural and organic. Ingredients are sourced from Canadian farmers. We are happy to start the Happy Planet Fresh Soup Love at The Dirty Apron Cooking School with some all natural Coconut & pineapple fruit smoothie. This smoothie is sweet citric pineapple and creamy coconut. Next we were dressed in spiffy aprons. Good thing we don’t have to cook, but rather Chef David Robertson demonstrated cooking techniques.
Apple, avocado, and tomato salad
Thai Chicken with green curry, Thai basil, lemongrass and free range organic chicken. Organic chicken are raised on Happy Organic Farms in Ontario free of hormones and drugs and grain fed. This soup is slightly spicy and comforting. We can’t wait to make this at home and doll it up for dinner.
Lemon basil crepe with fresh berries.
Dirty Apron Cookbook: Recipes, Tips and Tricks for Creating Delicious, Foolproof Dishes by Chef David Robertson; Foreword by Vikram Vij. The Dirty Apron Cookbook is a collection of our cooking school’s and delicatessen’s most popular recipes for foolproof dishes. Proceeds are used for charity to fund children in Colombia.
Check out the short video we did for Happy Planet Soup!
Dirty Apron Cooking School
540 Beatty St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2L3
2014 Grocery Showcase West was just over the weekend of April 6th and 7th at the Vancouver Convention Centre. As this event not open to the public, we were extremely excited to get the behind the scenes action on all the new flavors coming to […]
The Good Bean chickpea healthy treats are healthy snacks on the go, gluten-free and nut-free! One serving has the equivalent protein as almonds, fiber as two cups of broccoli and folate as three cups of spinach! These nutritious snacks are low fat appetizers, low cal snacks, […]