We like the selection of ready-to-cook meals with fresh local ingredients delivered right to the door. Weekly fuss-free recipes and meal prepped ingredients, measured and pre-cut veggies is our idea of an easy way to cook dinner from scratch! Considered dinner solved! There are several…
Many of us are working from home the past week, struggling to entertain our kids, queuing long line up at supermarkets or just tired from cooking at home everyday. While we are practicing social distancing, there are various food delivery services and online groceries to…
Montana’s BBQ & Bar restaurant chain launches its first-ever retail offering of fully-cooked and ready-to-eat succulent smoked ribs that are ready in minutes!
Available in the refrigerator section of supermarkets like the Real Canadian Superstore from coast to coast, the mouthwatering Texas-style, fall-off-the-bone BBQ pork back ribs take only 25 minutes to heat in the oven or even less on the grill.
BBQ lovers will enjoy the same great, signature taste of Montana’s ribs from the convenience of home! It is perfect for game nights or friends and family gatherings!
Perfect for a quick and convenient meal for family gatherings, or a satisfying, melt-in-your-mouth snack for at-home sports-watching, the ribs are deliciously marinated and cooked to perfection in Montana’s unique and authentic Texas-style BBQ sauce, with a smoky taste and hint of spices.
“Montana’s ribs are described as ‘smokin’ hot’ with ‘messy BBQ goodness’ for good reason,” Chelsea Kellock, Director of Marketing, Montana’s said. “Now, rib lovers nationally have the option of digging in and enjoying the tender, juicy and irresistible sauce-smothered taste of Montana’s ribs in our restaurants or from the comfort of home. And what better time than football season to introduce Montana’s ribs to your home parties and score big with friends and family.”
Montana’s ribs come in 650g packs and retail between $12.99 and $14.99 – available for purchase at the following retailers https://www.montanas.ca/readytoeatribs.
Montana’s opened in 1995 and now has more than 100 restaurants across Canada. A casual BBQ & Bar eatery, Montana’s is famous for fall-off-the-bone ribs, 100 per cent Canadian steaks and burgers, and a variety of other favorites such as fire-grilled chicken tacos and mac n’ cheese. A casual restaurant that’s great for all occasions and ages, the Montana’s thematic environment allows diners to kick back and relax, joke around with the restaurant’s friendly bartenders and servers, draw on table paper, and most importantly, connect with friends and family.
ENTER TO WIN 5 BOXES OF MONTANA’S PORK BACK RIBS!!
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us what’s your favourite sides to go with your ribs! One entry per person.
- Head over to our Instagram (@instanomss) to enter.
View this post on Instagram
✨ FLASH GIVEAWAY ✨ DYK – @montanasbbq fall of the bones ribs are now available in the refrigerator section of supermarkets – fully cooked and ready to eat?! These mouthwatering Texas style BBQ Pork back ribs takes just 25 minutes in the oven or less on the grill 😋🍖 SO perfect for game night or friends/ family gatherings! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ __ __ ⠀ ⠀ WIN 5 boxes of Montana’s Pork Back Ribs⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ __ __ ⠀ To WIN this fantastic prize all you have to do is 👇⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ __ __ ⠀ ⠀ 1️⃣ LIKE this post⠀ 2️⃣ TAG your bestie (each tag = 1 entry) ⠀ 3️⃣ Follow @instanomss and @montanasbbq 4️⃣ 10 BONUS ENTRY: Regram/Share on your IG Stories. Remember to tag me so I can see it !! 👌 ⠀ ⠀ Contest ends @ midnight November 24th⠀ Winner announced November 27th⠀ ✔️ North American Residents excluding Quebec ❌ giveaway accounts⠀ ⠀ ✨ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ __ __ ⌇ ⌇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ SAVE // TAG 🏷 a your bestie to share these JUICY irresistible sauce-smothered messy BBQ goodness with 👯♀️! ———————————————————————————— #instanomss ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ @thefeedfeed #vancouverfoodie @todayfood #food52 #TOHfoodie #rslove #babybackribs #f52grams #tastingtable #yvreats #instayummy #huffposttaste #shareyourtable #damnthatsdelish #meateater #ingoodcompany #foodfluffer #yvrfoodies #f52comfortingveggies #ribs #mycommontable #eattheworldrestaurant
A post shared by Nancy Wu 📍Vancouver Food Blog (@instanomss) on
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian excludes Quebec residents (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chance increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! Contest closes November 24, 2019 11:59 pm PST.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
SPUD.ca is an online grocery store that brings local, organic and sustainable groceries directly to your door. They have a wide range of local and organic produce that follows traceable high standards. Best of all, they are committed to reducing food waste (they are the lowest…
truLOCAL introduces simple monthly sustainable meat delivery in British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta. Not everyone has time to drive out to the butcher. truLOCAL lets you shop for clean, locally sourced meat products online, and our convenient delivery means fewer trips to the grocery store! I…
Host like a star with these new deliciously addicting dips from SPUD.ca and Be Fresh! As Chef Paul McGreevy joins their team as the new Director of Food, he has also recently come out with two dips – the Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip and the Envious Ed Dip that we are crazy about! These dips go virtually with everything. They are great with some pita chips (we recommend these for crunch and rigidity); spread them over toast, or add a scoop to top your salad!
The Envious Ed Dip: A delicious alternative to guacamole and avocado! Made with edamame beans and has a bright zesty flavour profile. We like it alone with chips or spread on top of toast with a fried egg!
- Ingredients: edamame beans, olive oil, kale, lime juice, water, jalapeno, garlic, salt, black pepper
- This product travelled 5 km to reach the warehouse.
- Features: Canadian, Gluten Free, Vegan/Dairy Free, Wheat Free
Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip: This is my favourite dip of 2019 so far! I could eat the whole package myself! This dip also has a zesty profile with a subtle earthiness from the pumpkin seeds. I love all the different textures and added herbs!
- Ingredients: pumpkin seeds, sunflower oil, red onions, lime juice, jalapeno, parsley, cilantro, salt, garlic, orange flavour (alcohol)
- This product travelled 5 km to reach the warehouse.
- Features: Canadian, Gluten Free, Vegan/Dairy Free, Wheat Free
Pin the above image to your Healthy Snack Recipes board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery, or SPUD.ca, is an online grocery service operating in British Columbia and Alberta that predominantly focuses on selling organic groceries. SPUD.ca deliveries fresh local groceries directly to your front door with a minimum purchase of $50 minimum for free delivery!
For many parents, getting their toddlers to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables is a chore. There’s a lot of pressure in parenting to figure out how to get a toddler well hydrated. As much as I want to avoid being a “Bad Mom”, sometimes…
A total Canadian classic cocktail is the ultimate Caesar cocktail. It is a classic and totally crushable. It goes well over brunch and has the snack built right in! It’s Clamato juice based with a hit of vodka with the whole shebang of flavour and…
National Iced Tea Day is June 10. To celebrate the start of a sunny weekend (and all your summer party needs), we made ourselves a batch of ice tea with teapigs’ Darjeeling Earl Grey tea and Lot 40 Canadian Rye. This spiked iced tea is super easy to make and is refreshingly tasty.
Darjeeling Earl Grey North Course is developed by Canadian Whisky Ambassador, Colin MacDougall. Inspired by Canada’s 150th birthday and the upcoming summer golf season, it’s a delicious yet unique take on the classic Arnold Palmer.
Iced teapigs Darjeeling Earl Grey North Course
For all your summer party needs
- 6 oz teapigs darjeeling ear grey (1 tea temple chilled)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz Lot40 Canadian Rye (or any of your favorite rye)
- Step 1 Start by brewing a cup of teapigs darjeeling earl grey tea.
- Step 2 Steep for approximate 3 minutes.
- Step 3 Remove tea temple and chill tea before us.
- Step 4 In a tall Collins glass, add 6oz. (3/4 cup) of chilled tea.
- Step 5 Next, in a shaker, combine the rest of the ingredients, shake and pour over the chilled tea.
- Step 6 To serve, garnish with lemon wheel and a few dashes of biters.
- Step 7 How to make simple syrup: pour equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water will make 1.5 cups of simple syrup once dissolved. Stir the simple syrup and place the saucepan over medium heat. Heat ingredients until dissolved.
Naked Snacks is a Vancouver based Canadian healthy snacks subscription box. It is a service that sends wholesome snacks to your door. I love snacking while watching Netflix. Watching a movie without some sort of snack just isn’t the same! So, it is great to switch…
Harvest Community Foods (or as I like to refer to Harvest Union) is a local grocer servicing the Chinatown-Strathcona neighbourhood at 243 Union St. The grocery and food shop began is a community project (This Space), in which a public vote determined the use of the…
“I don’t like cake” said no one ever! Especially if it is a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake! Right?! Christmas holidays are coming up and so are potlucks and gatherings. Every year, we struggle with a last minute mad rush to Costco to buy something to bring to house parties. This year, I said “No more! We are bringing something homemade!” And maybe a specialty advent calendar as a Christmas gift to set the mood!
Personally, I like cakes that are not too sweet. And I love lemony flavors! It’s super fresh and happy to look at. So I’m sharing with you this simple easy to make Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake recipe. I call it a cake very loosely. I mean, you can probably call it a Super Moist Lemon Lavender Loaf or Super Moist Lemon Lavender Bread… We’re not choosy. But a cake definitely sounds more festive!
We are also giving away a 8″ Baker’s Secret Square Cake Pan. Read down below for more info!
This lemon cake is for serious lemon lovers. I picked up a bunch of fresh lemons from the farmer’s market and couldn’t help to make myself a fresh batch! The lemony flavors lies in the zest. Adding more zest will add lemon flavor without the bitterness.
I was curious to see if there were any cool and eloquent lemon quotes on the internet. All I found were “if life gives you lemons, make lemonades”… We checked that one off our list by making some Lavender Lemonade.
World Kitchen recently sent us a Baker’s Secret 5 Piece Easy Store Bakeware Set. It’s pretty rad. As its name indicates, this Baker’s Secret bakeware set is easy to store. Each piece nests and stacks with the others for compact, space-saving storage. The pieces also are easy to use and they have nonstick surfaces (safe for metal utensils!) and are dishwasher safe.
Super Moist Lemon Lavender Cake Recipe
Lemon Lavender Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 lemons zest (4 if you like it extra lemony)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs French lavender flower buds (I use Cote D’Azur)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- pinch salt
Lemon Glaze Optional
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbs lemon juice
Lemon Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease the bottom of your Baker’s Secret 6 cup muffin pan or the 4” x 8” medium loaf pan. Line with parchment paper if desired.
- In a medium sized bowl, gently whisk dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) together. Set aside.
- In your KitchenAid stand mixer (or in a large bowl), cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs, lavender buds and lemon zest at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in dry flour mixture and buttermilk at medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for:
- Bake until directed or until toothpick inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Cool off and rest for 10 minutes before removing from pan onto a wired rack.
Lemon Glaze Directions
- If would like to add a lemony glaze, whisk all lemon glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Poke some small holes to the top of the lemon cake with toothpicks or a fork.
- Brush the glaze on top of the bread. The little holes will allow the bread to absorb the glaze quicker.
- Rest and let set for a few minutes before adding another layer (if desired).
- Store in an airtight container.
Congrats Jessica C! You have won yourself a new BAKER’S SECRET SQUARE CAKE PAN!
This post is sponsored by World Kitchen monetarily and with product.
Agree or disagree: The best thing about November 1st is 50% off Halloween candy sale. Instead of buying expensive candy before October 31, after Halloween is when stores slash prices. They will have plenty of supply left but also forced to put up Christmas candy…