Bauhaus Restaurant Vancouver specializes in fine modern German cuisine. Located on the corner of 1 W Cordova and Carrall Street, Bauhaus takes over an old historic Gastown bank building. High ceilings, open brick, sexy concrete and modern polishes of black and white marble tables. Chef Stefan Hartmann, a […]
The Vancouver Christmas Market runs Nov 22nd to Dec 24th 2014. Opens daily 11am to 9pm at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza at 650 Hamilton Street. It is never too early to participate in the holiday festivities. There are many German themed food options like schnitzel, pretzels, […]
Harvest Haus Vancouver Oktoberfest Festival kicked off last night on October 02, 2014 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre plaza. This is one of the largest Oktoberfest happenings in town this weekend between October 2nd to October 5th. If this sounds familiar, this is the spot where the Vancouver Christmas Market is held every year during Christmas time. But before we get carried away, inside the big white tent, the Harvest Haus Halle is furnished with Bavarian decor – rustic long wood table, banners and hanging lights.
Harvest Haus is brought to you be the Social Concierge. This is the same agency that’s organized Diner en Blanc and The Deighton Cup. Some guests attending this festival happily participates and are even dressed in dirndl and lederhosen. Dirndl are traditional dress worn in Germany that consists of a bodice, blouse, full skirt and apron. Lederhosen, is German for leather breeches that may be either short or knee-length. Oktoberfest festival fashion.
Series of food options are located at the Marktplatz just outside the Harvest Haus white tents. Marktplatz serves traditional Oktoberfest fare including rotisserie-grilled pork hock (Schweinshaxn) and chicken (Gockeln), Oyama bratwurst sausages and sauerkraut, schnitzel and spaetzle. There is even a vegetarian poutine option by Cocktails and Canapes. My favorite is the Oyama bratwurst. It goes perfectly well with a stein of Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Various German brews and Belgian craft beers line both sides of the tent – Samuel Adams, Löwenbräu, Warsteiner, Krombacher, Leffe and Hoegaarden.
Samuel Adams Boston Lager is full flavored bodied with a balance of malty sweetness, spiciness of hop and a smooth finish. It is fairly high carbonated with a ‘zing’ on the tongue. This “Sam in hand” is not very thick as you would a stout dark beer. It is light and goes down easy. Samuel Adams is created by Jim Koch, a Bostonian with five generation brewers behind him. Using his great great grand father’s recipe, Samuel Adams Boston Lager was created in 1985.
Aside from the great beer to unwind after a long week, giant pretzels and sweet treats inside the tent help you consume a few more steins. Steins are purchased with Gulden. Exchange cash for Gulden tokens which can then be traded for craft beer or edible goods. Don’t forget to tip your bartender with Guldens!
Center stage entertainment includes live band performances of German music and DJ spinning contemporary tunes. Have a seat inside the 1000 guest tent next to the VIP at Bürgermeister Spread.
Harvest Bürgermeister (VIP) Ticket start at $40 pp
- All privileges of the Halle General Admission, plus:
- Premium access to the raised Bavarian-themed long table VIP seating area. Guarantee yourself a table seat!
- Access to a unique food offering – an elevated harvest vendor, prepared using local ingredients from Sole Foods
- Complimentary custom-created Harvest Haus stein to keep ($8 value)
- Access to a VIP bar, table wait staff with and a exclusive VIP token purchase area not accessible by the General Admission ticket
With the Bürgermeister VIP ticket, you will get access to a premium banquet of harvest bounty using local ingredients from Sole Foods served Oktoberfest long table style.
Harvest Haus Vancouver Oktoberfest Festival Event Highlight
- Bavarian-themed long table seating plan for hundreds of attendees
- Drinking stein vessels provided to all attendees to amplify the Bavarian event feel.
- Multiple food and beverage themed areas within the larger Harvest Haus Halle, highlighting ingredients and products of the harvest
- Theatrical keg tapping opening ceremony, interludes and closing stage performances
- A mix of unique and expected Bavarian musical entertainment
- Authentic European food stalls in the Marktplatz serving traditional Oktoberfest fare including pretzels, bratwurst, spaetzle, and schnitzel
- Premium coursed food offering, the Bavarian Feast, an elevated ticket experience prepared using local ingredients from Sole Foods
- Custom created Harvest Haus merchandise and gift shop
- Outdoor harvest market including merchants and harvest producers
- Harvest-themed staff throughout the experience
Selection of Harvest Haus European and European-inspired draught bier
- Leffe Blond
- Steam Whistle
- Rickard’s Red
- Rickard’s White
- Rickard’s Lederhosen
- Rickard’s Dark
- Krombacher Pils
- Krombacher Dark
- Krombacher Weizen
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- Samuel Adams Oktoberfest
- Warsteiner Premium Verum
- Warsteiner Dunkel
- Russell White Rabbit
- Russell Marzen
- Pilsner Urquell
- Red Truck IPA
We hope you get a chance to check out Harvest Haus Vancouver Oktoberfest at QE Theatre. It was such a fun experience!
Harvest Haus Vancouver Oktoberfest Festival
(Queen Elizabeth Theatre)
Cuisine: German, Beer
Tickets: Starts at $25 pp
649 Cambie St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2P1
Bestie is German Restaurant in Vancouver Chinatown that specialized in bratwurst. Bestie, is not what you refer to your BFF – whom you commonly go shopping and biking with and share with one another when we are being uncool – Almost Famous. Besite is not that […]
La Brasserie Restaurant Vancouver is a small Franco-German shop located on Davie Street which sits no more than 35 people. But despite its size there is always a line up. The open kitchen / bar concept brings you hearty brunches, poutine, tower high burgers that […]