SAVOURY THEN SWEET: CINNABON® MINI ROLLS ROLL ONTO PIZZA HUT® CANADA MENU Pizza Hut delivers a one-of-a-kind dessert from Cinnabon® across BC! Pizza Hut and Cinnabon® are making pizza night even sweeter… because that’s just how they roll. After a sweet and successful launch south […]
Tag: Food News
Where to eat for Mother’s Day Weekend? Are you wondering where to take Mom out for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner in Vancouver this year? Here are a few places in Metro Vancouver that are hosting special events for Mother’s Day May 11 and 12, 2019. […]
Starbucks has a special surprise in store for Frappuccino fans. Fan-favourite S’mores Frappuccino is coming back this summer by popular demand! Starbucks will kick off the summer season with the return of this beloved beverage, available starting TODAY(!) Tuesday, April 30 at Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada while supplies last.
Here’s what you need to know about the S’mores Frappuccino:
- S’mores Frappuccino fandom may rival that of – gasp! – the PSL: it’s back this year by popular demand from superfans
- Nostalgic flavours of summers past: Remember the quintessential summer experience of roasting s’mores by a campfire? The S’mores Frappuccino has it in every sip: the drink starts with marshmallow-infused whipped cream and milk chocolate sauce along with a creamy blend of coffee, milk and ice. It’s finished off with more marshmallow whipped cream and a delicious graham cracker crumble.
- Mark your calendars: S’mores Frappuccino arrives on April 30: It will be available in Starbucks stores in Canada and the U.S. for a limited time while supplies last – so make sure you get yours!
- Make it your own: As with any coffee, Frappuccino or Teavana tea beverage at Starbucks, the S’mores Frappuccino is customizable! Check out our tips for ordering your beverage to your personal preferences.
- Want s’more? Keep an eye on Starbucks Instagram for fun social content featuring our S’mores superfans, and more surprises!
Top six ways to customize your favourite Starbucks drink
1. Select your milk: Customers can choose from whole, 2% milk or nonfat milk, or non-dairy alternatives such as soy, coconut and almond.
2. Ask for fewer pumps of syrup: To lessen the sweetness of your flavoured beverage, ask for fewer pumps of syrup, or select a sugar-free syrup, available in Vanilla or Cinnamon Dolce, or our Skinny Mocha Sauce.
3. Try a sweetener substitute such as Sweet’N Low®, Equal®, SPLENDA® or Stevia Blend from Whole Earth.
4. Ask for “less whip” or “no whip.”
5. Make it “Skinny”: Most handcrafted espresso and Frappuccino® blended beverages can be requested “skinny,” which means the beverage is made with nonfat milk, no whipped cream and a sugar-free syrup if available.
6. Add cold foam: this delicious and creamy treat is a perfect addition to an iced coffee or cold brew beverage.
Starbucks Summer Drinks Line Up
- Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
Rich mocha sauce, vanilla syrup and Frappuccino chips are blended with coffee, milk and ice, and finished off with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.
- Starbucks Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino
Buttery caramel syrup is blended with coffee, milk and ice, then topped with a layer of dark caramel sauce, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and crunchy caramel sugar topping.
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucks.ca and the Starbucks Newsroom at www.news.starbucks.com.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
Looking for cherry blossom and sakura theme speciality dine out menu and spa packages? in Vancouver this year? Here are a few places in Metro Vancouver that are hosting special events for Spring from now until the end of April. To avoid long wait times, reservations […]
Where to eat for Easter Weekend Brunch, Lunch or Dinner in Vancouver this year? Here are a few places in Metro Vancouver that are hosting special events for Easter Weekend April 19-21 2019. To avoid lengthy wait times, reservations are highly recommended. This list […]
Where are you celebrating Earth Hour? Show your care for the Earth this Saturday, March 30, from 8:30 to 9:30 pm. Now in its 12th year, the annual global initiative — recognized as “the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment” — sees millions of individuals and businesses turning off their non-essential electric lights for one hour, to raise awareness about energy consumption and its impact on the planet. #CONNECT2EARTH
Here are a few places in Vancouver that are hosting special events for Earth Hour 2019.
H TASTING LOUNGE AT WESTIN BAYSHORE
H Tasting Lounge (located lobby level at The Westin Bayshore, 1601 Bayshore Drive), will be taking part in Earth Hour in its own special way. From 5pm until midnight, in addition to its regular menu offerings, H will be featuring a special prix-fixe dinner prepared without electricity. (Items are either raw or served tableside with a small propane grill.) As well, the lounge will be illuminated exclusively with candlelight, and live music will be performed “unplugged” by singer-songwriter, Antoinette Libelt.
- The Earth Hour menu includes the following, for $69 per person:
- Fresh Kusshi, bonito broth, cucumber relish, avocado mousse, squid ink tobiko
- Asian Ahi Tuna Tartare, spicy green onion aioli, crispy wonton chips
- Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, shaved manchego, baby kale salad, toasted pine nuts
- Tableside Veal Cheek Bourguignon, braised merlot veal broth, caramelized pearl onion, pancetta, wild mushroom
- Kahlua Tiramisu
For more information: https://htastinglounge.com
OCEANS 999 AT PAN PACIFIC VANCOUVER
In recognition of Earth Hour, Pan Pacific Vancouver will shut down all non-essential power and light within the hotel on March 30th from 8:30 – 9:30 pm.
During that hour, they will be hosting a special candlelit Italian Opera Buffet dinner at Oceans 999. To further mark the occasion, expect to enjoy a performance by Edd Wright.
For more information: http://www.panpacificvancouver.com
This list is updated as information becomes available. If you are a restaurant and want to be added, please contact me at nomss[DOT]firstname.lastname@example.org.
SO VERY SMOOTH. BEHOLD THE NEW TEAVANATM/MC BLACK SESAME TEA LATTE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY IN CANADA Starting today (March 5) Canadians can enjoy a delicious new addition to the Teavana Tea Latte line-up the new Black Sesame Tea Latte is available only at Starbucks stores across the country Building on Canadians’ love […]
Wine and Chocolate: The Perfect Pair this Valentine’s Day Make the best of the occasion with Lakeview Wine Co. With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, it’s time to pair up the most savoury tastes and enjoy the occasion with loved ones. Chocolate and wine […]
Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon is owned and operated by the Children’s Family House Society of BC. The organization runs a 73-bedroom property on the grounds of BC Children’s Hospital that provides accommodation, compassion and a sense of community for 2,000 families each year who must travel to Vancouver for their children’s medical treatments. The house offers spacious suites and services for kids of all ages that include a fitness area, arts and crafts studio, LEGO lounge, magic room and several indoor and outdoor gathering spaces.
For more information, and to learn how Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon can support your Home for Dinner event, contact Sunshine Purificacion at email@example.com or call 604-736-2957 x 2102.
It’s the first Best of Japan Restaurant Week! Canadians are invited to celebrate at the Vancouver, Montreal & Toronto restaurants certified as “Japanese Food Supporter Stores” February 22-24th. For 3 days, each participating restaurant will offer one FREE dish so their clients can discover the […]
Canadians love their single-serve coffee pods, to the tune of over 1.5 billion brewed in homes and offices annually. Unfortunately, most of those pods are ecological dead-ends, ultimately filling up our dumps and landfills. With China’s ban on North American recyclable imports now in effect, […]
The ongoing series will see a different distiller or brewer commandeer Homer St. Café’s bar and kitchen for a week every month, offering drink specials, collaborative menu items and ticketed tasting dinners with experts from the participating brewery and/or distillery.
J.P. Wiser’s Whisky Takeover runs January 8-14. Wiser’s and the Northern Border Collection (Lot 40, Pike Creek and Gooderham & Worts) will feature cocktails and whisky flights alongside special dishes that incorporate the whiskies on the Fresh Sheet. $1 from each featured cocktail and flight will go to the Whisky Wisemen Society’s charitable fund.
The event will close with a guided, family-style tasting dinner on Sunday, January 14 hosted by Wiser’s Brand Ambassador Colin MacDougall. The dinner will feature a welcome cocktail, a Northern Border Collection whisky flight (paired with Executive Chef Tret Jordan, Head Chef Chris West and their team’s first course) and Lot 40 Cask Strength, Pike Creek 21 yr. and Gooderham & Worts Little Trinity 17 yr. (paired with the main course). A Pike Creek cocktail will then follow along with the dessert selection.
Tickets to the dinner are $75 (including tax and gratuity).
Upcoming Takeover Series in 2018:
- February 2018: Phillips Brewery and Fermentorium Takeover
- March 2018: Edrington Group Takeover (Cutty Sark, Famous Grouse, Highland Park, Macallan, Brugal)
- April 2018: Powell St Brewery Takeover
- May 2018: The Glenlivet Takeover
* Dates and Takeover partners subject to change.
For more information on the Takeover Series and to purchase tickets to the tasting dinners, visit homerstreetcafebar.com/events.
Homer St. Café & Bar
898 Homer St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2W5
Cuisine: Pacific Northwest
Monday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Tuesday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Wednesday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Thursday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 – 11:00 pm
Friday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm – 12:00 am
Saturday 11:30 am – 2:30 pm, 5:00 pm – 12:00 am
Vancouver’s restaurant scene is set to expand its cultural mix with the opening of Aleph Middle Eastern Eatery, a beautifully designed eatery nestled in the heart of East Vancouver’s newly revamped Port Town community opening in December. Juxtaposed between old world recipes and exciting new […]
GOOSENECK HOSPITALITY’S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ‘BELLS AND WHISTLES’ OFFICIALLY OPEN IN EAST VANCOUVER New Beer Hall Offers Extensive Craft Beer Selection, Ballpark-inspired Fare, Interactive Games Room and Big-League Sports Action Vancouver’s burgeoning Fraserhood/Cedar Cottage district welcomes a brand new beer hall and casual dining concept with […]