The best blueberry smoothie just needs 5 ingredients! You’re going to love this LOW-CARB KETO FRIENDLY smoothie with coconut milk. It is ready in less than 5 minutes! This blueberry smoothie recipe with Thai Coconut Milk is creamy, nourishing and absolutely satisfying! It is perfect […]
Field & Social Vancouver is a brand new salad bar on fleek. It is a recently opened new healthy eats restaurant located on Dunsmuir between Homer and Richards Street. Stephen Collins and Moe Samieian brings office lunches new excitement with vegan and gluten free options that don’t bore you to sleep! Say NO to boring lunches!
The space itself is something I would love to call home. Shiny copper industrial pendant lamps, marble, wooden tables / counters seats draped with a high ceiling white walls!
Gone are the days of weight your own salads that are bland and expensive! Field & Social’s line up of green leafs, seeds and add ons like chicken breast / thigh, pulled beef and Ajitama ramen egg will seriously have you rethink chowing on that fast food greasy burger.
Sen Lek Smoked Tofu 12.50 (VEG): Packed full of different textures and delicious wholesome goodness. This reminds me of a bowl of Vietnamese nướng. Rice noodles, Ramen egg, smoked tofu, shiitake mushrooms, sautéed vegetables, scallions, sesame seeds, sweet herbs, hazelnuts and crispy shallots and roasted hazelnut sauce with chili and lime. I added chicken thighs to it to give it some extra protein before a serious workout with ClassPass.
Field & Social
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Salad Bar
Mon 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tue 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wed 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thu 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fri 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sat 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
415 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1X4
I am a huge Vega fan and constantly rave about it to my friends. Every morning, I take Vega One Nutritional Shake with me to work for breakfast. It is part of a complete breakfast that is plant-based, nutritional and approx 150 calories. In their all in one, delicious formula, Vega One gives you:
- 20 grams premium plant-based protein
- 6 servings of greens
- 50% daily intake of food-based vitamins and minerals
- 25% DV fiber
- 1.5 grams of Omega-3s
- Probiotics (1 billion CFU)
- 150 calories.
Vega One can be taken alone with water, or your choice of milk (coconut milk, almond milk, etc.). Adding fruits and vegetables is also a great option.
Recently I’ve been stumped for ideas. Likely for the Free Vega Top 10 Healthy Smoothies Recipe Book + 15% off Promo Code when you shop online on Vega eStore.
Vega One Shakes | Fig and Date Smoothie Recipe
This sweet and creamy smoothie is one filled with many health benefits. Figs contains high concentration of antioxidant polyphenols and flavonoids. It is a good source of dietary fiber and helps maintain weight management. Figs are also a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps to control blood pressure, reduces inflammation and relief from chronic constipation and gastrointestinal disorders. Dates are also great to relief constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunction, diarrhea, abdominal cancer, etc. Dates are also one of the best ingredients for muscle development.
- 1 scoop Vega One All In One Nutritional Shake, Vanilla Chai
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 fig
- 1 cup almond milk (you can use coconut milk also)
- 1/2 cup ice
Blend everything together in your Vitamix blender.
We recently caved and bought a Vitamix Professional Series CIA Blender and this machine is magical! The laser cut stainless steel horsepower blades provide the backbone for this heavy-duty all-metal blender that covers all of your culinary bases-blending, pureeing, chopping, juicing, grinding and more-at commercial-grade precision speeds, introducing you to one-stop kitchen prep. My smoothies has never been creamier. And kale tastes good now!
So you want to start a cold press juice cleanse? You want to kick start a healthy lifestyle. You have a big date coming up and need a detox. Whatever the reason maybe, sifting through multiple websites is difficult! We get that. That is why we […]
Tractor Foods Vancouver Kitsilano woos salad lovers and calls to foodies in need of clean living. Let’s face it, while a Crab Meat and Halibut Egg Benny is divine and Pulled Pork Pancakes sounds sinful – it really does the waistline no good. I always end up having regret meals and set a goal to do a juice cleanse to give myself a well deserved detox. Tractor Foods is about making healthy choices in a “fast food” setting. Choose from a selection of soups, salads, stews and sandwiches made with local, seasonal and healthy ingredients. Pay for your real food at the counter and enjoy a meal in the sun-room patio. Maybe after slimming down on lunch you wouldn’t feel so bad about having an ice cream cone over atRain or Shine Ice Cream across the street. Hey! I’m always about eating a healthy balanced diet.
Butternut squash soup $6 + Roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, radicchio, orzo, feta cheese, kalamata olive dressing $3.25: Butternut squash soup is one of my favorites. It is delicious, filing and completely good for you. Butternut squash benefits includes vital poly-phenolic anti-oxidants and vitamins A. The butternut has very low calories – 100 g provides just 45 calories. Roast cauliflower and orzo salad has a nice bite and textures. Clearly my mouth doesn’t get too bored vs eating straight romaine lettuces.
Tomato fennel soup $6: a light, spicy and tangy tomato soup. It is refreshing on a hot day. But if you are looking for something more filing perhaps consider the Morroccan Chicken with chickpeas stew.
Pork Sandwich $5 half | $9 whole : Roast pork, wild arugula, tomato, roasted garlic aioli, provolone cheese, sourdough bread. This tasty sammy has everything going for it. I loved the cheese, the bitter arugula to cut the fat, the roast pork just because I love pork and tomato for added zing.
Arugula, grilled pears, candied walnuts, blue cheese, lemon champagne vinaigrette salad 3.25: Simple and light. Sweetness of pear, crunchiness of walnuts, creaminess of blue cheese and tartness of lemon vinaigrette.
Tractor Foods Vancouver restaurant owners are Stephen and Meghan Clarke. The executive chef Ryan Mah left corporate life at Goldfish and Joe Fortes. Tractor is about healthy food, clean living and well priced. I hope you all give Tractor Foods a try and maybe it could be a life changing experience. At least i’m not telling to you to eat your broccoli! What are you so worried about?
Tractor Foods Vancouver
Cuisine: Salad, Sandwiches/Subs, Soup
Mon 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Tue 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Wed 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Thu 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sat 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
1903 West 4th Ave Vancouver, BC, 1903 Cypress St, Vancouver, BC V6J 3L9
I last reviewed Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder (here) about how I loved their tea plants are free from harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA Certified Organic. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Power Benefits: […]
When it comes to being a Vancourite, it’s all about adopting a healthy lifestyle. Vancourites always talk about doing healthy things and eating healthy things. And when it comes to being healthy, least we not forget cold press juices. God forbid we reach for a glass […]
There should be a day between Sunday and Monday. I always wish Monday’s could be less cruel, and early 8 am meetings are simply malicious! I’ve never been much a breakfast person growing up. But as my brain required more mental heavy lifting, it is important to eat well and eat smart! That is why I like making a light but hearty breakfast with La Fourmi Bionique Montreal Gourmet Granola.
Eating right early/midlife may prevetent dementia later on. Eating large amount of saturated fats was linked to decreased cognitive function. Also a high saturated fats diet carries the epsilon 4 variant of the apolipoprotein E (ApoE) gene that is great risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease.
So for those early mornings when my eyes are too fuzzy to focus, I always reach for food that are particularly important to keep our grey matter happy. The ability to concentrate comes from a steady supply of energy in the form of glucose in our blood to our brain. Whole grains with low GI, antioxidants in blueberries that help memory, and Vitamin E to prevent cognitive decline. Adding nuts to your meals is a great way to get the benefits vitamin E.
Every bag of La Fourmi Bionique granolas includes a nutritious and great blend of slow, fresh baked granola. The Fourmi Bionique Aphrodisiac granola was chosen by the Selection Committee of the 2011 Trends & Innovation competition which was held at the SIAL Canada in Toronto.
La Fourmi Bionique Granola Flavours
- Aphrodiasic: Seductively deep & bittersweet. A seductive, energising blend with a bittersweet character thanks to the combination of black chocolate and ginseng. This blend goes particularly well with yogurt and fruits. The bitter black chocolate and ginseng create a perfect match.
- Vitality: Playful & comforting. A tasty, colourful blend of cranberries and marigold petals. A harmony of flavours, united by delicate honey. This is a colourful blend because of the brightness of the orange petals and red cranberries, is delicious with milk, yogurt or fruits.
- Essential: Sweet & Persuasively relaxing. A mix rich in essential nutrients, combining the aroma of maple syrup with the velvety texture of slippery elm. This blend, with the delicate bouquet of maple, goes well with milk and adds a touch of crunchiness to fruit-based desserts.
- Divine: Rich and revitalizing. A rich and mellow blend of macadamia nuts, white chocolate pieces and black elderberries. This rich and creamy blend is a true delight with soya milk and red fruits. Elderberries have subtle notes of blueberries and aniseed which combine well with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Euphoric: Wildly exciting. A true gourmet’s delight. A delicious blend of crunchy salted caramel, milk chocolate and marshmallow root evoking childhood memories. The praline and milk chocolate in vanilla or natural yogurt is perfect for a healthy and tasty dessert.
- Natural: Simply inspiring. It is a crunchy blend perfectly honey roasted with a pinch of maca root. Ideal for breakfast, desserts or as a garnish for game terrine or with melted Camembert spread on French bread.
La Fourmi Bionique Fruit and Nut Medley Flavours – No Sulfites Added
- Enticing Gourmet Melange: A tasty wholesome snack that is perfectly balanced blend of oven roasted almonds, rich 70% cocoa dark chocolate and dried cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries and Goji berries.
- Beatitude Gourmet Melange: Perfectly balanced blend of oven roasted almonds and macadamia nuts with dried cranberries, raspberries, blueberries and elderberries.
La Fourmi Bionique Granoloa Bars Flavors
- Jealousy Granola Bar: Honey roasted granola bar with cranberries, blueberries, Goji berries, and perfectly roasted almonds.
- Forbidden Fruit Granola Bar: Honey roasted granola bar with caramelized apples, roasted pecans and a pinch of Maca root.
I love these bars because they are low in sugar and complete portable when I am rushing to a meeting or going for a hike.
Healthy Homemade Granola Parfait Recipe with Overnight Chia Seeds
- Greek vanilla yogurt – I like to use Liberte Yogurt
- Chia seeds soaked overnight in Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- La Fourmi Bionique Vitality Granola Blend orange petals and red cranberries, is delicious with milk, yogurt or fruits.
- Fresh ripe bananas – cubed (optional)
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt (break a few pieces to sweeten the parfait)
- Sprinkle Hemp Seeds (optional)
- Layer overnight chia seeds on the bottom
- Layer Greek Vanilla yogurt
- Layer La Fourmi Bionique Granola in between and as a topping.
- Enjoy! And don’t be late for work!
What do you like to in your morning parfait?
La Fourmi Bionique Granola – Aphrodisiac Almond Butter Bites Recipe
- Cover a cookie pan with a baking sheet or a plastic film. Set aside.
- Put 100 mL (1/3 cup) of almond butter in a blender.
- Add 62 mL (1/4 cup) of honey and add two pinches of salt. Mix until smooth.
- Add 375 mL (1 ½ cup) of LFB Aphrodisiac Granola. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- If the dough is not compact enough, add two spoons (15 to 30 mL) of granola and mix a few seconds more, then add 85mL (1/3 cup) cranberries.
- Spread 85 mL (1/3 cup) of coconut on a plate.
- Take a spoonful (5mL) of Aphrodisiac dough and make a ball.
- Roll into the coconut and place on the cookie pan.
- Proceed with the rest of the mix, placing each bite at distance of about 1.3 cm (1/2 inch) from one another.
- Refrigerate bites for 40 minutes.
- They will keep for a week in the refrigerator separated by wax paper.
Heirloom Vancouver Brunch time is a fairly special treat. The clean crisp white space is intriguing and cozy at the same time. I would suggest you request a seat by the fireplace or by the window to absorb the natural light. Heirloom Vegetarian offers contemporary dining […]
Beanitos The Original Bean Chips are gluten free chips that are healthy and low in calories. It is made by two brothers who love to snack! Beanito chips are crunchy and honestly delicious made from super nutritious beans – white bean, black bean, […]