The best blueberry smoothie just needs 5 ingredients! You’re going to love this LOW-CARB KETO FRIENDLY smoothie with coconut milk. It is ready in less than 5 minutes! This blueberry smoothie recipe with Thai Coconut Milk is creamy, nourishing and absolutely satisfying! It is perfect […]
Field & Social Vancouver is a brand new salad bar on fleek. It is a recently opened new healthy eats restaurant located on Dunsmuir between Homer and Richards Street. Stephen Collins and Moe Samieian brings office lunches new excitement with vegan and gluten free options that don’t bore you to sleep! Say NO to boring lunches!
The space itself is something I would love to call home. Shiny copper industrial pendant lamps, marble, wooden tables / counters seats draped with a high ceiling white walls!
Gone are the days of weight your own salads that are bland and expensive! Field & Social’s line up of green leafs, seeds and add ons like chicken breast / thigh, pulled beef and Ajitama ramen egg will seriously have you rethink chowing on that fast food greasy burger.
Sen Lek Smoked Tofu 12.50 (VEG): Packed full of different textures and delicious wholesome goodness. This reminds me of a bowl of Vietnamese nướng. Rice noodles, Ramen egg, smoked tofu, shiitake mushrooms, sautéed vegetables, scallions, sesame seeds, sweet herbs, hazelnuts and crispy shallots and roasted hazelnut sauce with chili and lime. I added chicken thighs to it to give it some extra protein before a serious workout with ClassPass.
Field & Social
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Salad Bar
Mon 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tue 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wed 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thu 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fri 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sat 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
415 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1X4
I am a huge Vega fan and constantly rave about it to my friends. Every morning, I take Vega One Nutritional Shake with me to work for breakfast. It is part of a complete breakfast that is plant-based, nutritional and approx 150 calories. In their all in one, delicious formula, Vega One gives you:
- 20 grams premium plant-based protein
- 6 servings of greens
- 50% daily intake of food-based vitamins and minerals
- 25% DV fiber
- 1.5 grams of Omega-3s
- Probiotics (1 billion CFU)
- 150 calories.
Vega One can be taken alone with water, or your choice of milk (coconut milk, almond milk, etc.). Adding fruits and vegetables is also a great option.
Recently I’ve been stumped for ideas. Likely for the Free Vega Top 10 Healthy Smoothies Recipe Book + 15% off Promo Code when you shop online on Vega eStore.
Vega One Shakes | Fig and Date Smoothie Recipe
This sweet and creamy smoothie is one filled with many health benefits. Figs contains high concentration of antioxidant polyphenols and flavonoids. It is a good source of dietary fiber and helps maintain weight management. Figs are also a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps to control blood pressure, reduces inflammation and relief from chronic constipation and gastrointestinal disorders. Dates are also great to relief constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, sexual dysfunction, diarrhea, abdominal cancer, etc. Dates are also one of the best ingredients for muscle development.
- 1 scoop Vega One All In One Nutritional Shake, Vanilla Chai
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 fig
- 1 cup almond milk (you can use coconut milk also)
- 1/2 cup ice
Blend everything together in your Vitamix blender.
We recently caved and bought a Vitamix Professional Series CIA Blender and this machine is magical! The laser cut stainless steel horsepower blades provide the backbone for this heavy-duty all-metal blender that covers all of your culinary bases-blending, pureeing, chopping, juicing, grinding and more-at commercial-grade precision speeds, introducing you to one-stop kitchen prep. My smoothies has never been creamier. And kale tastes good now!
So you want to start a cold press juice cleanse? You want to kick start a healthy lifestyle. You have a big date coming up and need a detox. Whatever the reason maybe, sifting through multiple websites is difficult! We get that. That is why we […]
Lately I have been obsessing over the Kongos (makes a great running playlist), Mila Kunis sexy authenticity, and SEVA Maple Water. It seems just last week, it was all about Coconut this and Coconut that. Is maple water the new coconut water?
SEVA is made with 100% pure maple water. It is natural, authentic and is subtlety sweet. It is deliciously and harvested from Quebec’s majestic sugar maples. Maple sap or Maple water contains 46 essential nutrients: range of vitamins, minerals, amino and organic acids, prebiotics and polyphenols. Maple water is the perfect way to hydrate.
SEVA Maple Water is Eco-Friendly since maple water can be harvested without destroying trees. Trees are tapped and does not require to be cut down. Therefore, maple tress are harvested humanely. Maple tree farms requires a healthy tree to produce high quality maple sap.
SEVA Maple Water Benefits:
- Additive Free
- Preservative Free
- GMO Free
- low calories
- super hydrating bioactive compounds: vitamins, nutrients, and polyphenols
- promote thyroid
- promotes bone health
Maple Water Properties: 95% to 97.5% water and 2.5% solids. Sucrose 98.00%, polysaccharides 0.50%, quebrachitol 0.15%, glucose 25%, fructose 25%, malic acid 0.15%, succinic acid 0.01%, fumaric acid 0.01%, nitrogen compounds 0.05%, phenolic compounds 0.05%
Maple Water vs Maple Syrup
What is the difference between Maple Water and Maple Syrup? Maple water is what comes directly from maple trees. It has not undergone different processes of heating and sterilizing. Maple syrup is made by boiling the maple sap (maple water). After the water in the sap has been evaporated, it is reduce it down to syrup. Approximately 45 gallons of sap are needed to produce one gallon of syrup.
SEVA Maple Water can be purchased at:
- Buy-Low Foods
- Nesters Market
- Marketplace IGA
- Greens Organic & Natural Market
- Pure Integrative Pharmacy
- Chateau Taillefer Lafon, Laval
- Les marchés publics
- La petite cabane a sucre quartier du Petit Champlain, Québec
- US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Norway and coming soon to Australia
Is maple water the new coconut water? Is Orange the New Black? We think yes!
SEVA Maple Water
I last reviewed Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder (here) about how I loved their tea plants are free from harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA Certified Organic. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Power Benefits: […]
It’s been awhile since I had some time to myself, to wind down, read #GIRLBOSS while enjoying some Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder and Frozen Coconut Ice Cream. Ambitious? Why the hell not? After all, it is Friday (or it should be TGIF everyday). Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA Certified Organic. The tea plants are free from harmful fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. USDA Certified Organic ensures that the tea plants used does not absorb these toxic elements. Kiss Me Organics tests their tea samples from several organic farms to ensure that they bring you the purest tea products available. Their green tea matcha powder has a darker hue than some green tea matcha powder I’m used to using.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Power Benefits:
- All day energy and focus: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- Metabolism Boost: Consuming Matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy expenditure, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy expenditure. Supports weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism.
- Improved Skin Health: Match Green Tea helps protect the skin from harmful UVrays, while improving blood flow and oxygen levels lifting the overall quality of the skin
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out – Matcha Green Tea Powder BUY HERE
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Nut Ice Cream Recipe:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Kiss Me Organics Matcha powder
- ½ tbsp. bitter almond or rum extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- Make sure you start with a cold mixing bowl.
- Add heavy cream and extract then whip until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile mix chopped nuts and Matcha in to condensed milk.
- Fold condensed milk mixture into whipped cream until blended.
- Transfer your ice cream-to-be to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. If you have KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment, you can cut your time in half!
- Enjoy by the scoop.
- Garnish with mint if desired.
- Recipe makes 1 quart, 4 to 8 servings.
Kiss Me Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp. Matcha powder
- ¾ cup almond milk (or soy or cow or goat milk)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
- Bring almond milk to a simmer in a small pot.
- Whisk boiling water slowly with the Kiss Me Organic Matcha powder in the mug, then pour in almond milk. Tip the cup to up the foam factor.
- Sweeten with agave syrup if desired.
- Makes 1 latte.
If you are interested in buying Kiss Me Organics’ Match Green Tea?
They are sold exclusively on Amazon, so be sure to check them out here:
When it comes to being a Vancourite, it’s all about adopting a healthy lifestyle. Vancourites always talk about doing healthy things and eating healthy things. And when it comes to being healthy, least we not forget cold press juices. God forbid we reach for a glass […]
Water is my favorite beverage. I like it better than fresh juice, a spicy Caesar, or even a nice glass of Riesling. However, sometimes water is boring. And during a hot summer’s day, I prefer the sweet taste of water and some fresh mint to […]