Montana’s BBQ & Bar restaurant chain launches its first-ever retail offering of fully-cooked and ready-to-eat succulent smoked ribs that are ready in minutes! Available in the refrigerator section of supermarkets like the Real Canadian Superstore from coast to coast, the mouthwatering Texas-style, fall-off-the-bone BBQ pork […]
The reverse sear is the best way to cook a steak, period. Traditionally, if you ask ‘How to cook the perfect steak”, people will tell you 1.”Rub the steak all over with olive oil and season well with a pinch of salt and black pepper”; […]
Lunar New Year and Spring Festival is one of the world’s most celebrated annual events. For those not living in Asia, it’s hard not to miss the two week long festivities of family reunions, abundance of delicious food and warm wishes for the New Year filled with prosperity, joy and good fortune. To celebrate the Year of the Boar or the Lucky Pig, TEALEAVES has launched their Fortune Collection a very special red gift set, which is a modernist take on the traditional Red Envelope. The gift set contains meticulously blended traditional Chinese teas of utmost quality, carefully curated for a traditional at-home tea ritual.
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us how you celebrate Lunar New Year or what you love most about Chinese New Year. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT win Fortune Collection Tea from @instanomss #afternoonTEALEAVES #tealeavesco #lunarnewyear #fbloggers #vancouver
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Head over to our Instagram (@instanomss) to enter.
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! Contest closes Feb 10, 2019 11:59 pm PST. Please visit http://lunarnewyear.afternoontealeaves.com/ to learn more.
Don’t forget to share this gift of wellness with your friends and family! xoxo
Here’s wishing everyone a great prosperous year of the Pig!!! #豬年好運，恭喜發財，身體健康！
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!
“We all know that keeping up a healthy lifestyle in today’s 24-7 world isn’t easy, and it’s even more challenging when it comes to maintaining or losing weight – something that’s on everyone’s mind as summer approaches,” said Brenda Embree, Nutribar Brand Manager. “No one can deny […]
Time for that summer bod. To ensure you are in tip top shape I’ve partnered with Herbaland to give you a wellness prize pack (valued over $80) 🐻🍬 There’s a variety of goodies from Multi-vits, skin and hair supplements, protein gummies and more 💯 Don’t […]
For you we are excited to giveaway Cooking Stage VIP Experience. The prize pack which includes:
- Two tickets to the BC Home and Garden Show
- Two glasses of wine at the Lounge
- Front row reserved seating to a Cooking Stage presentation and option to eat the meal prepared on stage
- A backstage meet and greet with chef Ryan Stone from Heirloom, and a copy of an exclusive recipe from Chef Mike Ferreira
- A $100 gift card to Heirloom
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us what you look forward to at the BC Home & Garden Show. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win prize pack BC Home + Garden Show & $100 @HeirloomVeg from @instanomss #homeinspo #fbloggers #vancouver
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! Contest closes Feb 20, 2018 11:59 pm PST and tickets will be available at Will Call. For more information visit https://bchomeandgardenshow.com.
The Mighty Kale is one of my all time favourite smoothies from Jugo Juice. This season, one of the fastest-rising cocktail trends over the past few years has been blending herbal and botanical ingredients with more traditional flavours, but this trend isn’t just for the 19 and […]
The Vancouver Fall Home Show will take place this weekend October 26-29. It is one of the largest home shows in Vancouver. For your house and home this show will feature interior design, landscaping companies, remodelling contractors, celebrity speakers Kortney and Dave Wilson (hosts of […]
Yogurt is one of my daily essentials. Especially Greek yogurt! That’s why I am so excited when I was sent a copy of Yogurt Every Day by Hubert Cormier. Yogurt itself is awesome. It is great for your gut health with its probiotic properties. Yogurt isn’t just a breakfast item – I can eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Yogurt Every Day cookbook includes 75 delicious recipes. It even teaches you to make your own yogurt (dairy and plant-based) at home! For now I will stick to store bought Greek yogurt…
- Quick history of yogurt – it’s always fascinating learning about history. It dates back to 2000BC in Persia and India where yogurt was used as a preservative for milk.
- Health benefits of yogurt – proteins, fats and substitutes.
- How to make you own yogurt – without a yogurt maker, with a slow cooker
- Recipes – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. This includes dips and spreads.
There are 75 delicious recipes to choose from. They are well written. Short and concise. I like how the recipes gets to the point without the bullshit. I like the delicious food photography of mouthwatering healthy meals. Most importantly, nutritional value is included with every recipe. If you are meal planning, it makes meal prepping much easier.
My favourite recipes that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Coconut Yogurt
- Soft Boiled Eggs and Green Pea Salad
- Healthy Exotic Bowl with Dragon Fruit and Lychee
- Dips – Baba Ghanoush, Beet Hummus, Edamame Dip
- Stuff Potatoes
- Amaretto and Espresso Cake
- Banana, Walnut, and Toblerone Bread
For those that know me, knows that I love a good avocado toast. Who doesn’t like an avocuddle every now and then? When I first saw the Edamame Dip recipe, I had to make it ASAP!
- 1½ cups (375 mL) edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) minced garlic
- ½ cup (125 mL) tahini (sesame butter)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves Edamame beans
- Sesame seeds
- Step 1 In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Step 2 Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish as desired.
Excerpted from Yogurt Every Day Hubert Cormier. Copyright © 2017 Hubert Cormier. Food photography by Catherine Côté. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Absolutely! The no fuss recipes are easy to make. Recipes can be easily modified to work with kitchen sink ingredients. There are lots of helpful tips to help you save time too!
Where to Purchase?
Yogurt Every Day: Healthy And Delicious Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Dessert
Dimensions: 208 pages, 10 × 8.5 × 0.6 in
Published: May 30, 2017
Publisher: Appetite by Random House
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN – 10: 0147530423
- ISBN – 13: 9780147530424
Enter to Win
- Post a comment on this blog post and tell us which recipe you would make first. One entry per person.
- Follow and tweet this (one entry per day): RT to win @Hub_Nutrition #YogurtEveryday cookbook from @instanomss & @penguincanada. #instanomss #cookbook #recipes
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
From The Official Press Release
Hailed as a superfood and loved for its cool, tangy taste, yogurt’s popularity continues to grow. Yogurt Every Day feeds this frenzy for yogurt, serving up 75 delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert, including how to make your own yogurt at home.
After years of serving as a quick breakfast fix or mid-afternoon pick-me-up, yogurt is finally having its day, embraced by a public passionate about the art of living and eating well. The surging popularity of Greek, Skyr and other yogurts testifies not only to their celebrated probiotics and healthful benefits, but to their versatility, creamy textures and rich tangy flavours.
In Yogurt Every Day, celebrated nutritionist Hubert Cormier shows just how easy and delicious it is to incorporate yogurt into your daily life, offering 75 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert–including a full section on how to make your very own yogurt. Whether using a yogurt maker, a slow cooker, or the equipment available in every home kitchen (a saucepan, the stove and the oven), Hubert couldn’t make it easier for you to create your favorite type of yogurt–from Swiss, Balkan, Skyr to Greek as well as Coconut yogurt for a dairy-free alternative.
With recipes ranging from Chia Seed Pudding with Kiwi, and Frozen Smoothie Yogurt Cubes, to Coquilles Saint-Jacques, Tagliatelle a la Carbonara and Avocado Lassi, Yogurt Every Day offers something for everyone, be it the cook on the go, or the health-minded foodie seeking new recipes, new ingredients and new kitchen adventures.
About the Author
HUBERT CORMIER is a registered dietitian and is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods in Quebec City. In 2015, he was presented with the Annual Merit Award in Nutrition–Young Professionals, a prize given by his professional body in recognition of outstanding devotion to the field of nutrition. He has written three successful books on nutrition in French. The author lives in Quebec City, Canada.
Edo Japan is opening this May Long Weekend at Pacific Centre Mall in downtown Vancouver! This Canadian fast food chain specializes in Japanese traditional Teppanyaki style cooking made with freshly prepared and delicious ingredients. There are over 100 Edo Japan food court and storefront locations across Canada. Their […]
I was sent some products from Karen Phytoplankton before I was pregnant. This new marine phytoplankton boast a series of great health benefits. For those curious about what Karen is, the company behind this new ocean picked “superfood” is New Brunswick-based Blugenics Innovations Ltd., which launched […]
Chef Curtis Luk (Mission Kitsilano) will be taking stage on the Cooking Stage at the BC Home + Garden Show on Saturday, February 25 at 2:00 PM. And we’ve got the perfect prize for you! Read on!
BC Home + Garden Show
“We are thrilled to be welcoming back a number of industry celebrities and show favourites to Vancouver for the 46th annual BC Home + Garden Show,” said Tyson Kidd, show manager for Marketplace Events, producers of the BC Home + Garden Show. “The return of household names Bryan Baeumler, Carson Arthur and Mike Holmes Jr., will certainly attract homeowners looking for tips to take their home and garden renos to the next level as we kickstart the spring season. There will certainly be no lack of fresh ideas and inspiration for Vancouverites at this year’s show.”
Feb 22 to 26, 2017 at BC Place Studium
- Adults (13+) $16.00
- Adults (13 +) Online $13.00
- Seniors (60+) $13.00
- Seniors (60+) Online $10.00
- Seniors (60+) $6.00 Before 6pm on Thursday & Friday Only
- Children 12 years & under FREE
For more information visit http://www.bchomeandgardenshow.com
Mission Kitsilano + BC Home + Garden Show Contest
To enter this amazing giveaway, you must be Canadian resident (13+ years of age). Complete the following. Your chances increases the more items you complete and the more social media platforms you follow. Good Luck! DEADLINE: Feb 22nd, 2017 11:59pm PST
Follow @instanomss for more details!
Wonderful! It is the last day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! I hope you have been following along! If you haven’t today is the LAST DAY to enter all 12 amazing prizes! You have until 12 midnight PST tonight! For wrap things up, […]
I’ve been following Dana’s blog The Minimalist Baker for quite some time now. I love all the easy, no fuss recipes using 10 ingredients or less, one bowl, or 30 minutes or less to prepare! Recently she came out with a new cookbook: Minimalist Baker’s Everyday […]