In this version of my favourite Middle Eastern salad I use my Super Seedy Loaf instead of pita bread. It’s nutritious and loaded with great crunch in every bite. This recipe comes from Voula Halliday’s Eat At Home cookbook.
Super Seedy Fattoush Salad
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Step 2 Place loaf pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 3 minutes until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3 Thinly slice radishes. Cut baby tomatoes in half, or if using large tomatoes cut each one into eight wedges. Chop bell pepper into bite-size pieces.
- Step 4 Place radishes, tomatoes, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Step 5 Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and, using a small spoon, scoop out seeds from the core.
- Step 6 Cut each length into bite-size pieces and add them to the other vegetables. If using baby cucumbers, there is no need to remove the seeds, just slice each cucumber into small rounds.
- Step 7 Add onion, parsley, mint, and cooled loaf to the bowl.
- Step 8 In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Drizzle over salad. Lightly toss everything together and serve immediately.
Other recipes from Eat At Home that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Citrus Burst Energy Bars
- Super Seedy Fattoush Salad
- Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash
- Meatless Zucchini Bolognese
Excerpted from Eat At Home © 2017 Voula Halliday. Published byCast Iron Press®. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Where to Purchase?
Eat From Home by Voula Halliday
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Cast Iron Press; 1st edition (2017)
Parcel Dimensions: 20.6 x 15.8 x 3 cm
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN-10: 0987839306
more: CHINESE BRAISED BEEF BRISKET & TENDON RECIPE | 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩 | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe
Remove Ad Block for shopping guide.