Kefir smoothies is one of the best things I’ve discovered! Olympic Dairy recently sent over some of their organic Kefir Vanilla and Original flavoured probiotic fermented milk. It tasted a lot like Calpis, but much healthier.
Personally I love incorporating a healthy does of probiotics into my everyday life. There so many benefits. If you are not familiar with kefir, kefir has 50+ strains of beneficial bacteria while yogurt has approximately 7. Probiotic helps keeps your gut healthy and happy. I also like that kefir is not as thick as yogurt, so it makes for a lighter smoothie shake recipe. Thicker yogurts are great for smoothie bowls.
I was at the market picking up some vegetables to make a Chinese soup for dinner and found some pretty plump strawberries. Naturally I had to get them!
Whenever I get strawberries, I like to wash and pit them all. Before, I would only wash the ones I ate and the remaining ones always gets spoiled. Washing and pitting them makes eating them so much easier. I would divide them into Tupperware so I can bring them to work, snack on them or the go. And if I still have extras, I would just freeze them to make smoothies later!
Strawberry Blackberry Kefir Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Cup Olympic Organic Kefir Vanilla flavor
- 1 Cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1 tbsp Honey (optional – the vanilla Kefir is sweetened already)
- 2-3 Ice cubes (optional – no need if you are using frozen fruits)
- Step 1 Blend all ingredients together in a good blender (like a Vitamix)
- Step 2 Pour into cup and enjoy.
Pin the above image to your Smoothie and Healthy Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!