Quick and Easy Creamy Avocado Toast with Sardines. An incredibly nutritious umami-packed tasty snack with sources of vitamin B12 and nutrient-dense good fat!
Avocado Toast is one of my favourite breakfast sandwiches and mid-day incredibly nutritious fuel-me-up snack! Slice it up. Mash it up. Spread some creamy avocado onto a well-toasted bread is wonderful! Add some sardine fillets and you’ve got this elegant, adult twist.
Avocado Is Incredibly Nutritious
single 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving (3):
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
- It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
- They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas
- Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Loaded With Fiber
- Lowers Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants (carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin) That Can Protect Your Eyes
Nutritional Benefits of Sardines
- Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent heart disease due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Excellent source of vitamin B-12 and vitamin D.
- Excellent source of Calcium
- Packed with beneficial minerals that include: niacin, iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.
- Excellent source of protein that is essential for building healthy bones and muscles. It also helps create antibodies that keep our immune systems strong.
Fans of anchovies and mackerels will love this toast. This Sardine and Avocado Toast is not overly fishy. Cilantro, chilli flakes and lemon juice brightens and adds a citrusy pop. Enjoy this for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Quick and Easy Creamy Avocado Toast with Sardines. An incredibly nutritious umami-packed tasty snack with sources of vitamin B12 and nutrient-dense good fat! Enjoy this for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil from canned sardines, half lemon juice, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and chili flakes.
- Mix in chopped cilantro and gently toss the sardines in the olive oil sauce.
- Smash the avocado and spread it on top of the toasted bread slice.
- Add sardines on top of avocado toast.
- Drizzle extra olive oil sauce if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Keywords: sardine avocado toast, sardine and avocado toast, umami toast, quick and healthy snacks, keto friendly, Creamy Avocado Toast, nutrient-dense good fat, breakfast ideas, lunch ideas, Avocado Is Incredibly Nutritious, benefits of sardines,
Pin the above image to your Healthy Recipe Board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!