The folks at Pure Infused Maple Syrup like it so much, they decided they wanted to be able to use it with every meal – savory or sweet. Pure Infused Maple Syrup created five unique and creative twists on Canadian maple syrup.
Five Pure Infused Maple Syrup Flavors
- Vanilla, Cinnamon, Star Anise – deepen silky sweetness of maple syrup with pure vanilla, cinnamon bark and just a touch of star anise. This infusion creates a familiar yet unique taste that will transport you to the spice markets of the Orient. Use it to give a distinct twist to bread puddings, ice cream or your morning oatmeal. Better yet, transform your everyday pancakes, waffles or French toast into something extraordinary.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves – something special about baking spices: they’re evocative, they’re sensory, and of course, they’re delicious in just about everything Grandma makes. These warm spices heighten the magic of maple syrup and are well suited to any number of culinary pursuits – traditional baking, ciders and teas, and even some exotic North African and Middle Eastern dishes, where the interplay of sweet and savoury are essential.
- Lavender & Chai – The sweet smell of lavender was prized for its relaxing and calming influences with unique floral qualities. Lavender’s fragrant and slightly spicy notes are perfectly balanced by deep and dusky Indian masala. It’s the ideal complement to sweet treats like panna cotta, crème brulee, tea cakes or scones. The lavender really pops when we drizzle it over strong, aged cheeses such as cheddar or gouda. For something more subtle, sweeten a café latte with it – delicious!
- Ginger, & Apple Cider Vinegar (Maple Gastrique) – A perfect way to leave your dinner guests wondering how you transformed those simple sautéed greens. PURE’s Maple Gastrique makes it super easy because we did all the hard work balancing the sweetness of maple syrup, with the tartness of pure apple cider vinegar. The result is that you get all the kudos. In addition to sautéed vegetables, we love it as a way to transform stir frys (a light drizzle does wonders!), use it in sauces to add depth and complexity to flavours, and as the base for Asian dipping sauces for dumplings and gyoza.
- Chipotle & Lemongrass – straight from the BBQ. The smokiness imparted by the chipotle peppers is a lovely counterpoint to the natural sweetness of maple syrup. The lemongrass helps brighten up the finish, as the long, lingering, subtle heat of the chipotle dances on the palate. We love using this to make homemade barbecue sauces, marinades (Korean short ribs!), brushed it over salmon steaks before grilling, and turned it into a dynamite dipping sauce for wings.
These five different flavors covers something for every occasion. Be it drinks, entrees, desserts… Possibilities are endless. If you missed them from EAT! Vancouver, you can purchase directly from their website!
Pure Infused Maple Syrup Pork Chop Recipe
- 2 pieces of Bone-In Pork Chops
- 2 TSPS Butter
- 3 TSPS Canola oil
- 4 TSPS PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Chipotle & Lemongrass
- dash of salt and pepper
- To prepare, set oven to 400F/200C
- Generously season pork chop with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oven safe frying pan on high, once hot, carefully place pork chop on pan.
- Allow pan to sear all sides of pork chop, once seared. Placed in oven.
- Check pork chop at around 6 ½ minutes, internal temperature should be at approximately 145F/62C
- Allow pork chop to rest on separate plate.
- The pan contains all the delicious juices from the pork chops itself, so lets make a “Au Jus” (Pan Sauce) with it.
- While pan is still hot, put butter in, stir frequently.
- Star adding PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Chipotle & Lemongrass to pan.
- Reduce sauce till it has a syrupy texture, pour on top of pork chop and serve.
Pure Infused Maple Syrup Apple Coleslaw Recipe
- 1/2 Red Onion (medium sized)
- 2 stalks Carrots
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Gala Apple
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TSPS Canola oil
- 3 TSPS PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Maple Gastrique
- 2 TSPS White Wine Vinegar
- Shred carrots and finely cut red onions, both apples and place in mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and PURE Infused Maple Syrup – Maple Gastrique, whisk. Then, slowly pour in canola oil to allow it to emulsify.
- Add dry ingredients to the salad dressing. Make sure all dry ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- Plate salad on plate.