I can never get enough of pan fried soya noodles! It is a classic Cantonese comfort dish. Pan Fried Soya Noodles 豉油皇炒麵 pairs so well with congee for breakfast or over dim sum! Those thin, crispy pan fried noodles are so irresistible and the soya sauce just hits home! This simple dish requires no modifications. I never get tired of it! It is perfect being so simple to make – yet you can definitely add a protein here and a garnish there if you really felt like it! Plus it literally takes no effort to make! All you need is a ripping hot pan! And maybe some XO chili oil!
What makes a great pan fried soya noodle dish is a really HOT pan! One that makes the oil ripping hot to give the noodles a nice sear and fry! I used this fry pan from Ballarini. This pan uses a signature Granitium nonstick coating that has exceptional scratch resistance, quick release and effortless cleanup. It is also oven proof up to 160°C!
To make these noodles you will need Hong Kong style egg noodles, light soy sauce (thinner and lighter in color), dark soy sauce (less salty, thicker and adds colour), sesame oil, salt, sugar, shaoxing wine, white pepper, bean sprouts, scallions, and Chinese mushroom (optional – be sure to resuscitate it in water for a few hours prior to cooking).
PAN FRIED SOYA NOODLES RECIPE | 豉油皇炒麵
Classic Cantonese pan fried soya noodles is a comfort Hong Kong dish that is easy to make.
- Step 1 Boil egg noodles for 2 minutes and drain well. Set aside.
- Step 2 Wash bean sprouts and scallions. Julienne the scallions.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl mix both soy sauces, salt, sugar, shaoxing wine, white pepper together and set aside.
- Step 4 Heat the wok to high and add a few tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Step 5 Once the wok/pan is ripping hot, spread the noodles in a thin, even layer and stir and flip occasionally for 5 minutes (or until golden).
- Step 6 Once the noodles starts to get dry and crispy, ddd in bean sprouts and scallion . Then add in the sauce mixture.
- Step 7 Stir and flip noodles to mix everything together.
- Step 8 *Enjoy with XO chili oil
Pin the above image to your Chinese recipe board to bookmark this page. We are so excited to share our recipes with you!
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!