Easy to make wildly intense matcha green tea cookies.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and matcha tea powder together. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat to combine.
- Mix in the flour mixture in three batches, beating well after each addition.
- Add the pine nuts and chocolate and stir just to incorporate.
- Divide the dough into four portions and set each portion on a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Shape the dough into 2-inch (5 cm) diameter rolls. Wrap well in the wax paper or plastic wrap, twisting both ends to seal shut.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Slice each roll into 10 to 12 cookies. Place the cookies on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on whether you like a softer cookie or a crisper one.
- Using sushi mats to shape the dough into rolls will enable you to create perfectly round cookies.
- The cookie rolls will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw the rolls in the refrigerator for 24 hours before slicing.
Keywords: matcha cookies, green tea, matcha green tea desserts, vietnamese cuisine, vietnamese desserts, how to make match cookies