Turn zucchini, butternut squash, or carrots into fresh raw pasta using a spiral slicer,
peeler, or grater and enjoy the benefits of packing lots of veggies into one meal. This recipe comes from Voula Halliday’s Eat At Home cookbook.
Meatless Zucchini Bolognese
- Step 1 Place sundried tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse into a paste, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Step 2 Cut the fresh tomatoes and pepper in half, remove seeds, then coarsely chop and place in the food processor. Add garlic, tamari, oil, chili powder, and salt and pulse until it reaches a chunky sauce texture. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Step 3 Cut zucchinis into “noodles” using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler.
- Step 4 Heat oven to 170°F (75°C). Line a 13×9-inch baking sheet with a clean tea towel. Spread zucchini noodles over the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. This will improve the texture of the zucchini by reducing moisture.
- Step 5 Prepare the garnish: Place walnut pieces and cumin in the clean bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until crumbly. Add oil and tamari and pulse to combine.
- Step 6 To serve, arrange zucchini noodles on individual plates. Top with some of the sauce and garnish, if you wish.
Other recipes from Eat At Home that I’ve bookmarked include:
- Citrus Burst Energy Bars
- Super Seedy Fattoush Salad
- Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash
- Meatless Zucchini Bolognese
Excerpted from Eat At Home © 2017 Voula Halliday. Published byCast Iron Press®. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Where to Purchase?
Eat From Home by Voula Halliday
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Cast Iron Press; 1st edition (2017)
Parcel Dimensions: 20.6 x 15.8 x 3 cm
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- ISBN-10: 0987839306
more: CHINESE BRAISED BEEF BRISKET & TENDON RECIPE | 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩 | Stir Fry Okra with Black Fungus 秋葵炒雲耳 | Black Moss Black Eye Bean Soup 髮菜眉豆花生排骨湯| Pig Trotter with Black Vinegar and Ginger Recipe 豬腳薑醋 | Best Seafood Clam Chowder Recipe
Remove Ad Block for shopping guide.