There should be a day between Sunday and Monday. I always wish Monday’s could be less cruel, and early 8 am meetings are simply malicious! I’ve never been much a breakfast person growing up. But as my brain required more mental heavy lifting, it is important to eat well and eat smart! That is why I like making a light but hearty breakfast with La Fourmi Bionique Montreal Gourmet Granola.
Eating right early/midlife may prevetent dementia later on. Eating large amount of saturated fats was linked to decreased cognitive function. Also a high saturated fats diet carries the epsilon 4 variant of the apolipoprotein E (ApoE) gene that is great risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease.
So for those early mornings when my eyes are too fuzzy to focus, I always reach for food that are particularly important to keep our grey matter happy. The ability to concentrate comes from a steady supply of energy in the form of glucose in our blood to our brain. Whole grains with low GI, antioxidants in blueberries that help memory, and Vitamin E to prevent cognitive decline. Adding nuts to your meals is a great way to get the benefits vitamin E.
Every bag of La Fourmi Bionique granolas includes a nutritious and great blend of slow, fresh baked granola. The Fourmi Bionique Aphrodisiac granola was chosen by the Selection Committee of the 2011 Trends & Innovation competition which was held at the SIAL Canada in Toronto.
La Fourmi Bionique Granola Flavours
- Aphrodiasic: Seductively deep & bittersweet. A seductive, energising blend with a bittersweet character thanks to the combination of black chocolate and ginseng. This blend goes particularly well with yogurt and fruits. The bitter black chocolate and ginseng create a perfect match.
- Vitality: Playful & comforting. A tasty, colourful blend of cranberries and marigold petals. A harmony of flavours, united by delicate honey. This is a colourful blend because of the brightness of the orange petals and red cranberries, is delicious with milk, yogurt or fruits.
- Essential: Sweet & Persuasively relaxing. A mix rich in essential nutrients, combining the aroma of maple syrup with the velvety texture of slippery elm. This blend, with the delicate bouquet of maple, goes well with milk and adds a touch of crunchiness to fruit-based desserts.
- Divine: Rich and revitalizing. A rich and mellow blend of macadamia nuts, white chocolate pieces and black elderberries. This rich and creamy blend is a true delight with soya milk and red fruits. Elderberries have subtle notes of blueberries and aniseed which combine well with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Euphoric: Wildly exciting. A true gourmet’s delight. A delicious blend of crunchy salted caramel, milk chocolate and marshmallow root evoking childhood memories. The praline and milk chocolate in vanilla or natural yogurt is perfect for a healthy and tasty dessert.
- Natural: Simply inspiring. It is a crunchy blend perfectly honey roasted with a pinch of maca root. Ideal for breakfast, desserts or as a garnish for game terrine or with melted Camembert spread on French bread.
La Fourmi Bionique Fruit and Nut Medley Flavours – No Sulfites Added
- Enticing Gourmet Melange: A tasty wholesome snack that is perfectly balanced blend of oven roasted almonds, rich 70% cocoa dark chocolate and dried cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries and Goji berries.
- Beatitude Gourmet Melange: Perfectly balanced blend of oven roasted almonds and macadamia nuts with dried cranberries, raspberries, blueberries and elderberries.
La Fourmi Bionique Granoloa Bars Flavors
- Jealousy Granola Bar: Honey roasted granola bar with cranberries, blueberries, Goji berries, and perfectly roasted almonds.
- Forbidden Fruit Granola Bar: Honey roasted granola bar with caramelized apples, roasted pecans and a pinch of Maca root.
I love these bars because they are low in sugar and complete portable when I am rushing to a meeting or going for a hike.
Healthy Homemade Granola Parfait Recipe with Overnight Chia Seeds
- Greek vanilla yogurt – I like to use Liberte Yogurt
- Chia seeds soaked overnight in Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- La Fourmi Bionique Vitality Granola Blend orange petals and red cranberries, is delicious with milk, yogurt or fruits.
- Fresh ripe bananas – cubed (optional)
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt (break a few pieces to sweeten the parfait)
- Sprinkle Hemp Seeds (optional)
- Layer overnight chia seeds on the bottom
- Layer Greek Vanilla yogurt
- Layer La Fourmi Bionique Granola in between and as a topping.
- Enjoy! And don’t be late for work!
What do you like to in your morning parfait?
La Fourmi Bionique Granola – Aphrodisiac Almond Butter Bites Recipe
- Cover a cookie pan with a baking sheet or a plastic film. Set aside.
- Put 100 mL (1/3 cup) of almond butter in a blender.
- Add 62 mL (1/4 cup) of honey and add two pinches of salt. Mix until smooth.
- Add 375 mL (1 ½ cup) of LFB Aphrodisiac Granola. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- If the dough is not compact enough, add two spoons (15 to 30 mL) of granola and mix a few seconds more, then add 85mL (1/3 cup) cranberries.
- Spread 85 mL (1/3 cup) of coconut on a plate.
- Take a spoonful (5mL) of Aphrodisiac dough and make a ball.
- Roll into the coconut and place on the cookie pan.
- Proceed with the rest of the mix, placing each bite at distance of about 1.3 cm (1/2 inch) from one another.
- Refrigerate bites for 40 minutes.
- They will keep for a week in the refrigerator separated by wax paper.