After winning the KitchenAid 13-cup food processor to add to my KitchenAid craze and collection, this year for Christmas as part of my 3 part present, Dave got me this KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment for my KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer.
I wanted this gadget for some time now! I wanted to make my own homemade ice cream – flavours such as oolong tea, lychee, concord grapes sorbet etc. Now I can finally try this out… We actually tried making Oolong Tea Ice Cream tonight and it tasted delicious!
Anyone who already owns a Stand Mixer would definitely enjoy making their own ice cream and owes themselves to get the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment.
After unboxing, I found this design to be quite clever – plug and play.
- Freeze bowl (fits most models) and easily twists on like your mixing bowl
- Dasher, drive assembly, and bowl adapter snaps on and pretty much does not require a PHD to operate
- Powered by stand mixer, pour in batter, dash and freeze bowl to do the work
- Dishwasher-safe dasher, drive assembly, and bowl adapter.
- Freeze Bowl (NOT DISHWASHER SAFE – PLEASE HANDWASH!!!)
Some planning ahead is required as the bowl needs to be frozen for a minimum 15 hours and all frozen mixtures should be refrigerated 8 hours prior to use. Mix your own ice cream ingredients and combinations. In approximately 15 mins sorbet is ready and in approximately 25-30 mins ice-cream is served. Put in a container to freeze overnight to harden even more or simply enjoy some soft served! Bon Appetite!
You can always make ice cream by following some delicious recipes…