Extra crispy and flaky green onion pancakes with a little chew. Quick and easy 5 ingredients InstantPot Taiwanese Green Onion Beef Rolls Recipe | 牛肉捲餅
- 4C AP Flour
- 2C hot water
- 3–4 stalks green onions (chopped)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix AP flour with hot water. Whisk together while alternating between flour and water until water is absorbed and dough pulls away from the side and dough is formed.
- Knead for 8 mins. Lightly flour surface for easier handling.
- Cover dough in plastic saran wrap and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls.
- First Roll: Roll out each ball into a circle with a rolling pin. Sprinkle salt and top with FCGO (finely chopped green onions). Brush surface with sesame oil.
- Coil the dough and green onions into a bundle. Tuck in the ends and press dough to flatten.
- Second Roll: Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll out each ball into a circle with a rolling pin until it becomes 1/8″ thick.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. (You can set your InstantPot to sauté mode).
- Add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Once the pan is ripping hot, gently place your scallion pancakes in the fry pan.
- Fry the green onion pancakes until golden. Approximately 1-2 minutes depending on your stove. Keep a watchful eye!
- Set aside on wire rack to cool or place them in the oven at 200F to keep warm while you fry the rest.
Keywords: InstantPot recipes, Taiwanese, Green Onion, Beef Rolls Recipe, 牛肉捲餅, 台灣