Green Radish and Carrot with Pork Bone Soup Recipe 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯 is super easy to make. It is good for a cold and nourishes internal organs, de-stress and detox the body. Carrots are high in beta carotene and Vitamin A.
- 1 lb pork bones
- 3 Chicken drum sticks (skin removed)
- 1 large green radishes, cut into chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 ginger slices (optional – adding ginger will add some ‘heat’)
- 2 dried honey date or dried figs
- 1 handful of Chinese north almond 北杏 and south almond 南杏 (apricot kernels)
- 5 liters water
- pinch of salt
- Peel and cut the green radish and carrots into chunks.
- Blanch pork bones and chicken drumsticks in hot water
- Wash Chinese north and south almond and dried honey dates
- Fill clay pot with water to 80% water level, bring to boil and add all ingredients in
- Boil on high heat for 1 hours
- Reduce to medium heat for another 2 hours
- Add pinch of salt for taste
- Serve hot
The same results can be achieved in an Instantpot. Set to manual high pressure mode for 1 hour.
Keywords: Green Radish, Carrot, Pork Bone Soup, Recipe, 青紅蘿蔔豬骨湯, nourishing, wellness, Chinese