This satisfying 15 minute canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, easy and delicious when you’re in a pinch for time or have forgotten to go grocery shopping! It makes one hella good midnight snack too!
- 1 can (170g) tuna, drained (I like using chunk light tuna)
- 100g spaghetti (you can use whatever pasta you like; make it gluten-free with gluten free pasta)
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 good squeeze of lemon juice
- half lemon, zest
- 1 tbsp butter (you can substitute with olive oil)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp cilantro, rough chop
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil salted water and cook your pasta ex. spaghetti al dente according to the package instructions. Approximately 12 mins. Save the pasta water for later.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- When the pasta is almost ready, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add shallots and garlic and simmer for a minute or until softened.
- Stir in butter.
- Add in tuna, lemon juice, capers and cilantro and let cook thru. Mix well.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste
- If the pasta gets too dry, add a couple tablespoons of pasta water to the sauce the toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with lemon zest and freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Add at least a tablespoon of salt for every 6 quarts of water when cooking pasta. Salty water is essential because it boosts the pasta’s flavour!
Make it fancy, add red pepper flakes, green onions, diced baby tomatoes, olives, etc.
Make this a gluten-free meal with gluten free pasta
Keywords: Canned Tuna Pasta, Main Dish, Pantry Meal, Garlic Butter Tuna Pasta, 15 minute dinner, quick and easy dinner recipes, canned tuna recipes,