If you can’t think of a better way to use up leftover rice, we’ve got your answer right here! This is the most delicious Fried Garlic Seafood Fried Rice 金蒜海鮮炒飯 you’ve ever had! I’m going to share with you tips on how to make the best fried rice ever! Better than Chinese takeout once you get the basics right!
- 4 cup leftover white jasmine rice
- 15 cold water shrimp, peeled, deveined and parboiled (Use my discount code “INSTANOMSS” for 10% off your shop.clearwater.ca purchase)
- 2 imitation crab sticks, thawed
- 3 large scallops, thawed, diced
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3 finely chopped green onions, white and green parts divided
- 1/3 frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- dash of salt and white pepper
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Fried minced ginger and garlic topping
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, add the shrimp in cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Let marinate for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a medium pot, parboil the shrimp and scallops in boiling water. Do not overcook otherwise it will get mushy. Remove from pot and set aside.
Fried Minced Ginger and Garlic Topping
- In a carbon steel wok, add in vegetable oil on medium high heat. Once the oil is simmer, add in minced ginger and garlic. Fry until uniform golden brown for about 1 minute.
- Move it around constantly. If you see it browning too fast, lower the heat slightly.
- Remove and set aside for a nice topping over your fried rice.
- Keep the oil for your fried rice.
- In a carbon steel wok (or large pan), scramble the egg whites. Set aside.
- Then scramble the egg yolks.
- Add previously scrambled egg whites back to the wok with the scrambled egg yolks and mix well. Toss quickly in the wok until it starts to get fragrant. Once you can smell the eggs, it is time to add in the leftover rice.
- Set to high heat and add in the leftover rice. Mix well and quickly. Add a little more oil from the sides. Maintain a high heat temperature without burning the rice!
- Add in peas and sauce from the side. Quickly mix well.
- Add in previously parboiled shrimp, scallops and imitation crabmeat, a dash of salt and white pepper. Bring it all back together quickly and mix well.
- Add in finely chopped green onions. Quickly mix well.
- Serve and garnish it with previously fried minced ginger and garlic.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to make it extra fragrant!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Each step should take no more than 1 to 2 mins.
- I prefer to use carbon steel wok instead of non-stick pans for fried rice because it can maintain a high heat temperature. And because I’m constantly moving things around with stainless stain spatula / turner, I don’t have to worry about scratching the non-stick pan coating. Another good thing about a carbon steel wok, after seasoned usage, it becomes non-stick naturally!
Keywords: FRIED GARLIC SEAFOOD FRIED RICE, 金蒜海鮮炒飯, Better than Chinese takeout, leftover rice, TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRIED RICE, fried garlic, chinese rice, chinese comfort food, easy dinner idea chinese recipes