Summer finally has arrived in Vancouver with temperatures near 30 °C. It feels like the only place to stay sane is in the pool, beach or anywhere with air conditioning running 24/7. It is also this time of year that much more special in BC. It is really having a vacation at home. It is a time to find somewhere local to getaway: Vancouver Island, Tofino, Summerland, or the Okanagan for some tasty wines. But while we plan our mini-staycation, here are some good ol’ internet stuff!
- Sweat it out tomorrow 8/13 with SeaWheeze Half Marathon. Don’t forget to pick up some limited swag at their pop-up store.
- Get your pants wet at the 1000 feet Slide The City at Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver 8/13 and 8/14.
- The 54th Abbotsford International Airshow
- Summer Splash event at Splashdown Park 8/14.
- Errthang All white. Diner En Blanc 8/18
- I binged watched Stranger Things in three days. It was good! References Classic ’80s Films. Also here.
- I love my snacks.
- Instagram Stories > Snapchat
- What happens to your body when you hike.
- Ummm… That was Awkward. (Situation #1)
- The world’s most amazing hotel pools.
- Sausage Party
- Skrillex & Rick Ross: Purple Lamborghini (Suicide Squad).
- Discover the most glamorous subscription box.
- Goodbye! Dry Skin.
- Kitchen I would love to sip my morning coffee in.
- Definitely trying this tip for better coffee.
- 15 Creative ideas for room dividers.
- I need this for the patio asap!
- Cute cocktails are coming!
This week on Nomss:
- Morning 6am Lululemon Yoga Flow sesh with Whole Foods and Park Royal
- Salt and Straw Ice Cream Portland, Oregon
- Nongs Khao Man Gai Portland, Oregon
- Hotel Rose Portland Oregon
- Pizzeria Spacca Napoli Port Moody
- Homemade organic almond milk
- Faculty Brewing Co Vancouver
Are you watching the Olympics? Is it me? I can’t seem to get into Rio this year!