A trip to the vending machine yields some pretty bad calories and health. Fresh salads from a vending machine? Hallelujah! A Chicago based company, Farmer’s Fridge’s is looking to change the that. For approximately $7 you can get your healthy greens and veggies to go in the Windy City.
This veggie machine is made from reclaimed wood provided by Modern Urban Woods of West Chicago and some recycled materials. The Farmer’s Fridge can be found in food courts, hotel lobbies and some convenience stores.
Each salad is packed with wholesome vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and cheeses. Made daily and packed in recyclable jars. Leftovers are donated to a local food shelter. Now that’s a healthy cause we can support!
Farmer’s Fridge Facts:
- The Farmer’s Fridge kiosk accepts all major credit cards.
- Touch screens, bar code scanners for coupons and email receipts make it super user-friendly. We haven’t tested this, but it may actually hug you, too.
- Product images, nutrition and ingredient information are in a large, easy to read format.
- You can buy multiple items at once.
- Power consumption for each machine is under $25 worth of electricity a month.
- It keeps your food at the perfect temperature.
How it Works:
- Salads are made with fresh produce every morning at 5 am
- Salads are deliver the salads to the machine by 11 am and remove the unsold salads are donated to a local food pantry daily
- After 6pm any unsold salads are discounted by $1