2015 EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival will be a week long festival taking place throughout Vancouver between April 26th to May 3rd. Compared to previous years, EAT! Vancouver 2015 will feature eight day long culinary culture and festivities including hands-on workshops, collaborative chef dinners featuring top chefs from across Canada, Canadian Flavours Gala, a hospitality symposium, a pastry panel and the ultimate consumer food showcase at BC Place Stadium May 1st to 3rd.
We are so excited to preview the exciting line up this year from the Pinnacle Vancouver Harbourfront Hotel!
2015 marks the 13th anniversary of EAT! Vancouver and the annual celebration of food will be bigger and better. I am most excited for the Dinner Series being hosted by many top Vancouver restaurants and chefs.
EAT! Vancouver Dinner Series:
Location: Throughout Vancouver | Date: Tuesday, April 28 to Sunday, May 3 | Price: $135 to $225
- Hidekazu Tojo of Tojo’s Restaurant welcomes Susur Lee, restaurateur/chef and former Iron Chef America competitor, Toronto, ON
- Jackie Kai Ellis of Beaucoup Bakery & Café welcomes Toronto’s Anna Olson, host of Food Network Canada’s Bake With Anna Olson, at The Dirty Apron;
- Pino Posteraro of Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill & Enoteca welcomes Mark McEwan restaurateur/chef and Food Network Canada notable, Toronto, ON;
- J-C Poirier of Ask for Luigi welcomes Jérémie Bastien of Restaurant Leméac, Montreal, QC;
Wesley Young of Wildebeest welcomes Jesse Grasso of The Black Hoof, Toronto, ON;
- Joel Watanabe of Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie welcomes Michael Caballo and Tobey Nemeth of Edulis Restaurant, Toronto, ON;
- Andrea Carlson of Burdock & Co. welcomes Connie DeSousa and Jessica Pelland of CHARCUT Roast House, Calgary, AB;
- Trevor Bird of Fable Kitchen welcomes Carl Heinrich of Richmond Station, Toronto, ON;
Lucais Syme of La Pentola welcomes Nick Nutting of Wolf in the Fog, Tofino, BC;
- Angus An of Maenam welcomes Nick Liu of DaiLo, Toronto, ON;
Chris Whittaker of Forage welcomes Andrew Winfield of River Café, Calgary, AB.
EAT! Vancouver Hands-on Workshops
Location: Throughout Vancouver | Date: Sunday, April 26 to Friday, May 1 | Price: $45 to $200
Interactive workshops take place throughout the week that allow attendees rare, behind-the-scenes access to some of the city’s hottest restaurants, markets and production facilities:
- Baking at Home with Jackie Kai Ellis of Beaucoup Bakery & Café
- Explore the World of Coffee with Grady Buhler of JJ Bean Coffee Roasters
- Pizza Workshop and Gelatini Workshop with James Coleridge of Bella Gelateria
- Fermentation Master Class with Jonathan Chovancek of Bittered Sling Extracts and Café Medina;
- Making Terrines at Home and For the Love of Bacon with John van der Lieck of Oyama Sausage Co.
- Market Shop, Cooking and Lunch Experience with Pino Posteraro of Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill & Enoteca
- An Evening of Bourbon & BBQ with Darryl Lamb of Legacy Liquor Store and The Belmont Bar
- Cheese and Wine Workshop with Allison Spurrell of Les Amis du Fromage
- The Art of Butchery with Sebastian Cortez of Sebastian & Co. Fine Meats
- Kickoff to BC Spot Prawn Season with Robert Clark and Mike McDermid of The Fish Counter and Steve Johansen of Organic Ocean;
- Outlandish Shellfish Kitchen Party with Ned Bell of Chefs for Oceans and YEW seafood + bar, and Tim Bedford of Vancouver Aquarium.
Forage: Yarrow duck pastrami, liver parfait, cured yolk, dandelion “marmalade” and wild greens.
Cinara: Venison bresaola, onion and barley sauce, salted celery and nettles.
The Dirty Apron Cooking School: Togarashi seared yellow fin tuna with caramelized ginger butter, tomato and sesame brioche.
Sebastian & Co Fine Meats Ltd: 12 hours smoked brisket tacos with chimichurri and salsa verdi.
Beaucoup Bakery & Cafe: Cardamon Kouign Amann are so fine!
Vancouver Aquarium: Ocean Wise albacore tuna tataki cooked perfectly with a sesame finish.
Tojo’s Restaurant: Smoked sablefish battera.
The Lobby Restaurant and Lounge at Pinnacle Hotel: Pan seared Alaskan Weathervane scallop with citrus dungeness crab risotoo, micro greens and beurre rouge. The scallop was so juicy and perfect!
Pier 7 Restaurant and Bar: Tri-color beet salad with feta cheese, balasamic pearls, toasted buckwheat and micro greens.
Bella Gelateria: Lemon Pimm’s Gelatini chilled blend of Pimm’s Number 1, ginger liquer, cucumber and mint, topped with ginger beer and served with our lemon sorbetto.
The Belmont & Legacy Liquor Store: Bourbon braised beef short rib with herb corn bread and kale slaw. Best enjoyed with Wild Turkey 81 Bourbon.
p2b Bistro & Bar: Mini chocolate gianduja pate triangle with pomegranate coulis and hazelnut nougat.
EAT! Vancouver Show Dates and Times
- Friday, May 1 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, May 2 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, May 3 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Adult ONLINE $15
Senior (65+) $12
Senior (65+) Friday, May 1 before 5 p.m. $6
Youth (ages 13 to 16) $9
Children (ages 12 and under) FREE
General admission tickets for EAT! Vancouver at BC Place taking place May 1 to 3 are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com as well as on-site at Gate A.
777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8