Vancouver International Wine Festival is one of Canada’s premier food & wine event that you don’t want to miss. This year’s themed wine region is France but to kick the event off we enjoyed a wonderful evening with The Duckhorn Portfolio of brands at The Victor Steakhouse at the Parq Casino. Duckhorn featured a few classics along with some new highlights, rare library collection wines and acclaimed single vineyards gems paired brilliantly by the genius culinary team at The Victor.
- Duckhorn Vineyards Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2018
- Calera Mt Harlan ‘Estate Bottled’ Chardonnay 2017
- Migration Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 2017
- Goldeneye Gowan Creek Vineyard ‘Estate Bottled’ Pinot Noir 2016
- Calera Library Collection Selleck Vineyard ‘Estate Bottled’ Pinot Noir 2005
- Library Collection Duckhorn Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Duckhorn Vineyards Three Palms Vineyard ‘Estate Bottled’ Merlot 2016
- Calera Mt. Harlan Viognier Doux ‘Estate Bottled’ Dessert Wine 2016
Featured Dinner Menu:
- Foie Gras Torchon: brioche, kumquat marmalade
- Uni Taco: shiso leaf, finger limes
- Smoked Hokkaido Scallops: sunchoke veloute, crispy parsnip, preserved lemon, sevruga caviar
- Quail Pithivier: mushroom duxelle, black currant gastrique, red wine jus
- Merlot Braised Beef Shortrib: bacon lardons, pearl onions, pomme puree, perigord truffle
- Baked Camembert: honeycomb, toasted hazelnut, cardamon and orange spiced oat biscuits
Cuisine: Pacific Northwest, Steakhouse
Mon 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Tue 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Wed 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Thu 5:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Fri 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Sat 10:30 am – 11:00 pm
Sun 10:30 am – 10:30 pm
39 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0R3
I was invited by Duckhorn, The Victor and the Vancouver International Wine Festival for a menu tasting. All opinions are my own.
This post contains affiliate links and/or products submitted to Nomss for editorial consideration. To find out more, please visit our About/Disclaimer page.
Remove Ad-Block to view shopping guide!