Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée including: folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble.
“This year we wanted to take our Vancouver event back to its roots in more ways than one. Vancouver will be the first city outside of Paris to host this glamourous event at dual locations. We’ve also put a strong focus on implementing magical acoustic music, creative dance, art galleries and fun pop-up features throughout both venues. We’re more excited than ever for the sixth annual Le Dîner en Blanc to kick off,” says Tyson Villeneuve, co-founder of event organizer The Social Concierge.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. For those looking to sign up for Phase 3, registration is now open at vancouver.dinerenblanc.com/register.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at an assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- Champagne and/or wine will be available for pre-purchase. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Vancouver alcohol laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs and a white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprised of fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- For those who do not wish to pack their own, a catered picnic basket option can be pre-paid for and picked up on site. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit vancouver.dinerenblanc.com.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Le Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
About The Social Concierge
The Social Concierge is a boutique branding and marketing agency that specializes in delivering unique, premium solutions to a select range of experientially focused clients. The Social Concierge is best known for their portfolio of designer in-house events and tailored hosting programmes for special guests both locally and abroad including: The Deighton Cup, Dîner en Blanc, and Dinner by Design, to name a few.
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc.