For the month of February, Nomss is excited to partner with FoodiePages to feature the February Chef’s Box curated by David Gunawan of Farmer’s Apprentice in Vancouver. The CHEF’S BOX Subscription is a monthly subscription service that delivers small batch Canadian foods to your door, hand-picked by a top Canadian chef.
David Gunawan developed two brunch themed recipes this month. Chai Spiced French Toast, Canadian Caesar and a Pot Roasted Chicken Recipe with Porcini Mushrooms, Poached Egg and Hollandaise Sauce.
Chef’s Box promo code at the end of this post.
Classic Canadian Caesar Recipe
Serves 4 People
- David’s Condiment’s Perfect Caesar Rimmer
- 1 bottle of Walter All Natural Caesar Mix
- 1-2 ounces of Vodka per glass
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- Pepper to garnish
- 1 Lime (cut into 5 wedges)
- Fresh sage leaves
- 4 Wood Skewers
- Best to use large 10 or 12 oz. glasses, or mason jars if you want that ultra Canadian look.
- Line a small flat plate with David’s Condiment’s Perfect Caesar Rimmer.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of each glass. Coat each glass rim with seasoning.
- Measure out 1 to 2 ounces of Vodka per glass.
- Mix the Walter All Natural Caesar Mix, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and horseradish into a large pitcher.
- Fill each glass with the mix and give them a little stir.
- Add ice if required.
- Top with fresh pepper and garnish with a sage leaf and lime wedge on a skewer.
Best enjoyed at brunch with a Chai Spiced French Toast, or a Pot Roasted Chicken Recipe with Porcini Mushrooms, Poached Egg and Hollandaise Sauce.
We hope you like this recipe as much as we did! Let us know your comments below.