Easy IntantPot Chinese Braised Beef Brisket & Tendon Recipe 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩. Braised beef brisket and tendon is one of my favourite Chinese comfort dishes. I love it with rice or with in soup noodles!
- 3 lbs 牛腩 beef brisket, cut into chunks
- 1 lbs beef tendon 牛腩, cut into chunks
- 1 daikon 白蘿蔔, cut into chunks
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 whole star anise
- 1 green onion
- 1 shallot, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chu Hou paste
- 1 small piece of rock sugar
- 1 liter water
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp cooking wine
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Blanch brisket and tendons in boiling hot water for approximately 5 minutes to remove impurities.
- Rinse under a cold bath.
- Cut the brisket and tendon into small cubes.
- Add cooking oil in InstantPot and press Saute Mode.
- Add garlic, shallots and star anise when Instant Pot displays “hot”.
- Add brisket and tendons and brown the meat.
- Add in remaining ingredients except cubed daikon.
- Cook in Manual High Pressure Cooking Mode for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure and add in cubed daikon and Pressure Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onions or cilantro.
- Served and enjoy!
- Served with rice or soup noodles
- Leftover stock can be frozen up to a week to be used for noodles
Keywords: Easy IntantPot Recipes, Chinese, Braised Beef Brisket, Tendon, 柱侯蘿蔔炆牛筋腩