The other night we were spending an evening with Chef Lynn Crawford where should shared Catelli’s new Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Pasta and an easy healthy salad recipe that delicious!
I love Asian inspired salad dressings especially with sesame oil and wasabi for that extra kick. When you are trying to eat healthy, it is very important to change things up a bit. Otherwise, eating the same cucumber and tomato salad becomes non-motivating and frankly, bland.
This recipe is great for meal prepping. You can make a large batch and pack them into separate containers for your week’s lunch. Meal prepping saves time and money so you can enjoy doing something you love! ex. rewarding Spin class with ClassPass!
Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing Recipe by Chef Lynn Crawford
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 min
- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli® Healthy Harvest® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
- 2 cups (500 ml) snow peas, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup (250 ml) shelled edamame
- 1 small English cucumber
- 2 cups (500 ml) napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated fresh ginger
- wasabi to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions or with Top 10 Whole Grain Pasta Cooking Tips; drain well. Rinse under cold water until well chilled; transfer to large bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook snow peas and edamame until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water until well chilled; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthwise and use the end of a spoon to scoop and discard seeds; cut cucumber into julienne strips.
5. Add cucumber, snow peas, edamame, napa cabbage, red pepper, green onions and avocado to noodles; toss with enough dressing to coat.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves and black sesame seeds.
Tip: If you have time, you can chill the noodle dish by refrigerating for 1 to 4 hours.
Per serving: 590 calories, 19 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium,
84 g carbohydrates, 145 g fibre, 13 g sugar, 21 g protein