Butter Baked Goods Vancouver is a local bakery and tea room where I’ve drooled over the pages of their cookbook , knowingly I do not have the skills to perfect a sugar cookie. Perfecting caramel bars and chocolate tarts probably takes more than my high school home economic class. I digress. Butter Baked Good is a very pretty and girlie place. And as my Dave would say, just go with the girls. Unlike the romantic fireplace and chandeliers patisseries, Butter Baked Goods has a fun Southern Charm – filled with floral, color, and sparkles. Service here at Butter is friendly. Reservations are required. If you walk in, there probably won’t a table available. There are plenty of free street parking.
Since Butter Baked Goods has such a cute space. It is only fitting that we bring our Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Cameras out to play. I mean how friggin’ cute are these pastel pink, baby blue and lemon yellow Instax Minis? We literally had a Fujifilm Instax Mini Party!
Butter Baked Goods Afternoon Tea Menu
Butter’s Traditional Afternoon Tea $28 pp
- Selection of sandwiches
- Wee scones with organic jam and Devon cream
- Quiche tarts
- A variety of Butter’s baked goods
- Bottomless pot of tea from their selection of custom blends
Butter’s Demilune Afternoon Tea $14 pp
- A lighter sampling of Butter’s traditional afternoon tea
- Two little sandwiches
- One Wee scone with organic jam and Devon cream
- Some sweet surprises
- Pot of tea from their selection of custom blends
Butter’s Children’s Afternoon Tea $15 pp
- A selection of sandwiches with more kid appeal
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Ham and Cheese
- Cucumber with Cream Cheese
- Rosie’s Favourite Sprinkle
- Selection of Butter’s favorite treats such as Homemade Oreo, Classic S’more, Butter Cupcakes, etc
- Pot of tea or glass of milk.
Butter’s Custom Blended Tea $4 per pot
- Kazuko’s Sencha: Certified organic green tea harvested every Spring from southern Kyoto
- Mackenzie Black Maple: A blend of organic black tea, shaved almonds, and natural maple flavor
- Buttercream Blend (most popular): A smooth blend of organic estate black tea inspired by the very buttercream for which Butter is known and loved
- Breakfast at Butter: A delicious blend of organic estate black tea
- Cream of Earl Grey: Class earl grey with just a hint of cream essence to round the finish
Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwiches: The lightest sandwiches. It is best to start with this sandwich otherwise the flavors of the other ones will overpower the light fresh feeling of this one. Or I suppose you can use this one as a palette cleanser.
Curry Croissant: This one is my favorite. I like the suitableness of curry, crunch the celery, cilantro and some chicken bites.
Egg Salad: Your very typical egg salad. But it is always one of my favorites.
Tuna Bun with a chip: This is a fun sandwich because it reminds me adding chips to my burgers. What? You’ve never tried this? You have to try it now! Add a few pieces of say a sea salt and pepper Ruffle chip to your next juicy burger!
Maple Pecan Scone: This is a sweet and nutty scone. Inside there are walnuts and I like how this is not too too sweet but still very earthy!
Raisin Scone: Remember picking and eating all the Kjeldsens Danish blue tin butter cookies? This is how I felt about these scones. Love!
By the time we got to the top tier, we were pretty much full. The dessert tier consists of lemon loafs, chocolate raspberry tarts, Earl Grey butter cookies with lemon cream filling, caramel chocolate bars, a vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. My favorite was the Early Grey butter cookie.
Bottomless tea meant we can enjoy our Buttercream Blend tea a little longer. Tea is perfect in between bites to cleanse your palette. And seriously, how beautiful are these tea sets?
Butter Baked Goods are available for wholesale orders and you can also find then at Whole Foods and Urban Fare. The Homemade S’More and Marshmallows are delicious and perfect for party favors!
Overall we had a really great time at Butter Baked Goods Afternoon High Tea. We would definitely come back and have anther Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Cameras Party. Buy yours today here! You can buy Polaroid films with cute borders with rainbows, Hello Kitty Character, Winnie the Pooh, etc.
Butter Baked Goods Cookbook: Nostalgic Recipes From a Little Neighborhood Bakery
Butter Baked Goods & Cafe
Cuisine: Dessert, Bakery, Afternoon Tea
Tue 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wed 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Thu 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Fri 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sat 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
4321 Dunbar St