What? More macarons? It seems that Vancouver can not get enough of these Parisian treats. And there seems to be a new café offering macarons everywhere you go. Of course! It’s good business at approx $2 a pop. Even Saint Germain Bakery is getting in on the action. It has become so common (almost) that the 5 year old next to me can even spot a well-proportioned foot and skin from that of a poorly executed cracking egg shell like crust.
Bel Café is the sister boutique café to the Hawksworth Restaurant located in the recently renovated Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Downtown Vancouver. This luxury hotel was first opened in 1927 and is now home to both Hawksworth`s – contemporary and elegant European-styled restaurants. Adored with a casual chic ambiance, Bel Café is a relaxing with earthy tones of with turquoise colour highlights and dark finishes.
After a long day of shopping or simply enjoying Vancouver`s finest, this trendy café is a great place to relax while sipping a latte (or San Pellegrino in this matter) and enjoying some macarons (or other delicious treats).
The macarons at Bel Café are priced at $2.00 per and is slightly more expensive than their nearby neighbours of Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Café, The Urban Tea Merchant or even Soirette Macarons & Tea. But the flavours are quite nice and exotic. Bel Café macarons are delicious! Egg shell like crust, soft meringue like center and playful flavours by Pastry Chef Wayne Kozinko.
- Maple and Bacon – a little bit salty, a little bit sweet. Well balanced and I didn’t find it greasy as a read elsewhere.
- Pistachio – nutty pistachio instead of flavour extracts. It would have been perfect had there been sprinkles garnished on top. I liked the fact it wasn’t too sweet as Soriette had it.
- Passion Fruit – Tart and tangy. I could smell the passion fruit as I lifted towards my mouth. The white chocolate ganache was light.
- Cookie’s and Crème – Reminds me of the Hershey’s Cookie’s and Crème chocholate bar only less sweet. Almost wished I had a glass of milk to go along with it.
- Other flavours also available that day was Black Sesame & Yuzu, Vanilla Bean, Rose & Raspberry, and Dark Chocolate.
- macarons available in stylish t0-go gift boxes of 8 or 14.
If sweets aren’t your thing or you need a change from indulging on macarons, Bel Café also offers sandwiches and other delicious pastries. If you are pressed for time during lunch, you can always call ahead and they’ll have it packaged and ready to go at the time you want to collect.
- For office boardroom catering call:604.605.3325
- To place an order for pick-up call: 604.673.7000
Bel Cafe by Hawksworth Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Cuisine: Bakery, Cafes, French
Mon 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
Tue 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
Wed 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
Thu 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
Fri 6:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sat 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sun 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
801 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6C 3G1