Homewerx located in South Granville – Granville Street / 13th is a modern lifestyle store filled with home décor, small kitchen appliances and tools, gourmet foods and tea, glassware and little nick nacks. Before Homewerx opened on South Granville, honestly I didn’t know it existed […]
Search Results: South Granville
Meinhardt Cafe is a supermarket located on Granville Street and 14th. It was surprising to see this sandwiched between clothing stores, but then again there is William-Sonoma across the street. Meinhardt offers private labels, organic goods, artisan cheeses around the world. Cakes and desserts are also made […]
William-Sonoma is one of my favourite stores to shop – both online and retail. Unfortunately there is only one located in Vancouver on Granville Street. But one is better than none.
All-Clad, Le Creuset, KitchenAid, all sing to me like Alice+Olivia, Roland, and Nikon.
Like Gourmet Warehouse on East Hastings, William-Sonoma is a source for gourmet foods, professional quality cookware, kitchen appliances, cooking utensils and décor.
They even have tasty treats, spices and sauce at the Food Hall
Momofuku cookie mix
Momofuku clay pot cooking sauce
Fiona’s champagne bubbles
Don’t forget the selection of cookbooks.
China, Glassware and Table Tops
Cutlery – Shun, Global, Michel Bras Knives etc.
This past Boxing Day while everyone was scavenging the malls and streets to find deals packing sardines on last season clothes, Dave and I went to William-Sonoma to take advantage of their delicious mark-downs!
Le Creusets were 50% off – unfortunately this was limited to the grey color ones not the pretty Orange or Yellow I so dearly want.
KitchenAid were 20% off – doesn’t the industrial bronze look sexy?
I love this place, it is brightly light, clean and even has tasty treats available for sampling.
Staff are friendly and always helpful! There are just too many gadgets that it’s hard to know what they are all for!
I do wish William-Sonoma starts shipping within Canada sometime soon!
William Sonoma Vancouver
2903 Granville Street Vancouver, BC V6H 3J6
[cetsEmbedGmap src=http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=2903+Granville+Street+Vancouver,+BC+V6H+3J6&hl=en&hnear=2903+Granville+St,+Vancouver,+British+Columbia+V6H+1P1&gl=ca&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0 width=350 height=425 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]
Galiano Meets Granville: Farmer’s Apprentice Guest Dinner Series with Pilgrimme’s Jesse McCleery | June 7
Celebrated locavore chef David Gunawan continues a series of monthly collaborative events at South Granville’s Farmer’s Apprentice when he welcomes Jesse McCleery of Galiano Island’s famed Pilgrimme restaurant to co-host a guest chef dinner on Wednesday, June 7. Featuring two seatings at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., tickets to […]
Globally inspired restaurant The Rise Eatery will open in Vancouver on June 26. Elevated dining spot will serve shared plates that draw from Asia, Europe, the Americas, and beyond. The Rise Eatery, a globally inspired restaurant that combines flavours from as far away as Argentina, Korea, and Germany, has announced that it will open at 3121 Granville Street on June 26.
Founded by husband-and-wife team Dan Leung and Wanda Lai—who, together, have over two decades of culinary experience under their belts—the elevated dining spot specializes in shared plates that celebrate the cultural diversity of Vancouver. The gastronomic mind behind local catering company Danz Gourmet, executive chef Dan finds joy in blending the distinct tastes of regions in Asia, Europe, the Americas, and beyond to produce meals that are at once unconventional, fun, and relatable while being accessible in price point.
Crafted from seasonal and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, The Rise Eatery’s menu features dishes such as the Chicken Seoul Good, crispy Korean fried chicken paired with wild mushroom cream, truffle oil, and freshly grated Parmesan; the Crème de la Crème, an irresistibly sweet-and-savoury duck liver crème brûlée enjoyed alongside Goji berry chutney and toasted baguette; and the Steak Your Claim, grilled AAA sirloin steak served with chimichurri, Kennebec fries, a Shishito-pepper-tomato-and-
A selection of vegetarian- and vegan-friendly plates, like the Kimcheese and Pretzel (housemade soft pretzel and kimchi-beer cheese) and the Shroom (wild mushrooms, udon, silken tofu cream, and cashew Parmesan), are also available. Desserts include the gluten-free Milk-n-Cereal, a creamy panna cotta complemented by corn puree and a chocolate-and-corn-flake crumble. All dishes are prepared and presented in a way that encourages sharing amongst diners.
“After almost 15 years working in Vancouver’s catering industry, I’m excited to push the boundaries of our vibrant restaurant scene by paying tribute to the people, foods, and cultures that make it so special,” said executive chef Dan Leung. “It’s my hope that The Rise Eatery will allow Vancouverites to explore the beautiful tastes and traditions of their closest friends, loved ones, and more.”
“We want to take diners on a culinary adventure,” added Wanda Lai, The Rise Eatery’s director of operations. “Whether you’re stopping in for a quick lunch or sharing a thoughtfully plated meal during a night out with friends, our menu ensures you get the best of multiple worlds.”
Situated in Vancouver’s South Granville neighbourhood, the modern 60-seat room boasts a mix of natural woods. Live-edge tables and pops of The Rise Eatery’s signature indigo hue exude a relaxed feel throughout, while accents such as a sculptural copper chandelier lend sophistication.
Keeping with The Rise Eatery’s intercontinental theme, the bar will shake up six original cocktails that are globally influenced twists on classics. These include the Old Timer, Newly Fashioned (maple, orange bourbon, thyme, bitters, and sour cherry) and the Seoul of Caesar (vodka, Walter Craft Caesar Mix, Sriracha, sesame, kimchi carrot, and togarashi). Regionally produced craft beer and wines will also be available on The Rise Eatery’s six taps and by the glass and bottle.
Beginning June 26, The Rise Eatery will open from Tuesday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday, from 5 p.m.until late. Daily lunch and weekend brunch service will begin in July.
About The Rise Eatery
Dedicated to blending the distinct flavours of regions in Asia, Europe, the Americas, and beyond, The Rise Eatery is a globally influenced restaurant situated in Vancouver’s South Granville neighbourhood. Founded by husband-and-wife team Dan Leung and Wanda Lai—who, together, have over two decades of culinary experience under their belts—the modern 60-seat bistro specializes in shared plates that both reflect and celebrate the cultural diversity of Vancouver. Crafted using fresh, locally sourced ingredients, the seasonally inspired menu draws from cuisines born as far away as Japan, Scotland, and Argentina, while the equally inventive bar program boasts a mix of original cocktails, local craft beer, and B.C. wines. Dinner is offered six days a week from 5 p.m. until late. Daily lunch and weekend brunch service will begin in July.
Chez Christophe Chocolaterie Patisserie
Cuisine: Global, Fusion
Tue 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wed 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Thu 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Fri 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sat 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
3121 Granville Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6H 3K1
SkinCeuticals by Project Skin recently opened its first medical aesthetic boutique in CF Richmond Centre Mall, British Columbia. I am so excited for this beautiful new location for advanced skincare and expert skin treatments just minutes away from work! There are plenty of free parking and […]
Have you ever dreamed of just paying for one monthly gym membership instead of five? Haven’t we all been there, holding multiple accounts with your yoga studio, spin cycle class, barre class on top of your all-purpose fitness training centre? ClassPass is Coming to Vancouver! It will launch March 11, 2015. Hallelujah!
ClassPass offers one pass, unlimited classes to the best fitness studios and gyms in Vancouver. For C$99, you will have your pick of classes to choose from, including cycling, yoga, boxing, pilates, barre, strength training, bootcamp, dance, and so much more. Plus, new studios and classes each are added every week. You will enjoy a little bit of every type of workout with lots of studios in Vancouver.
Reserve and track you fitness routine online and on your phone with the ClassPass Iphone app. So finding a class is easy. Your fitness goal is ahead of you! I’ve already scheduled next week’s class!
The following studios will be offered at the official launch! See you there!
In case you missed it, Vancouver is named one of the healthiest cities in the world!
We all know we are spoiled here in Vancouver. But did you know that 3 Of Canada’s Top 10 Restaurants are in Vancouver? According to Vacay.ca and a panelist of culinary professionals and critics have complied a list of Top 50 Restaurants in Canada! 2014 […]
What is the best restaurant to take a date in your city? What is the best romantic restaurant in Vancouver? Where sets the mood for an intimate evening? Let’s face it, dating is hard work. And like Seinfeld puts it, dating is like a job-interview. The […]
The 4th annual Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014 present by CityFood Magazine between January 18 – February 14, 2014. This year it features an exciting line up of chocolate makers who have come together to present you the wildest, most delicious flavors imaginable!
25 CHOCSTARS / 28 DAYS / 60+ Crazy Flavors: So what are some of these crazy flavors you ask? Bella Gelateria‘s gelato guru James Coleridge will present gBARs frozen gelato on a stick with flavors like salted caramel, black sesame, matcha, etc all served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Beaucoup Bakery‘s Dark Chocolate with black pepper. CocoaNymph‘s 64% dark chocolate with parmesan.
Be sure to visit one of the participating chocolate makers to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved ones over a cup of hot cocoa! For a full list of chocolate makers and 2014 Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival flavors, please see below!
Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival 2014
New for 2014
BLENZ COFFEE – (International Village, Waterfront, Fairview, South Granville)
- #11 – “MINT TO BE” An organic peppermint tea infusion made fresh to order and combined with Belgian milk chocolate. The result is a thinner consistency hot chocolate with a satisfying, classic milk chocolate flavour that is refreshing because of the cooling mint tea. Served with a mini chocolate croissant. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #12 – “MY FUNNY VALENTINE” A 50% dark Belgian chocolate with ginger. The chocolate melted and blended fresh to order with steamed milk and ginger syrup. Served with a mini chocolate croissant. Available: every day of the Festival.
EAST VAN ROASTERS
- #19 – “THE HIVE” ‘Hives for Humanity’ honey dark drinking chocolate. Served with a honey nib caramel. Available: January 18 – 31
- #20 – “HIGH SOCIETY” Earl Grey drinking chocolate. Served with East Van Roasters’ signature gluten-free brownie and candied orange. Available: February 1 – 14
KOKO MONK CHOCOLATES
- #29 – “THE PROPOSITION” Eggnog and Rum Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon. Served with your choice of cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #30 – “THE BRUNETTE BANGLE” Hot Chocolate with the exotic hint of curry. Served with your choice of cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
LAST CRUMB CAFE
- #31 – “NUT YOUR TRADITIONAL HOT CHOCOLATE” Chipmunks will chatter over this hot chocolate flavoured with peanut butter. Served with a berry marshmallow. Available: January 18 – January 31
- #32 – “WINTER CITRUS” Take a trip to Seville with this hot chocolate flavoured with orange blossom. Served with a citrus marshmallow. Available: February 1 – 14
UVA WINE BAR + BITTERED SLING
- #59 – “CHOCOFRAICHE” A hot drink composed of slow-melted dark chocolate and heavy cream, infused with chili, vanilla bean and cinnamon with a dollop of creme fraiche. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: all day, every day of the festival
- #60 – “SOUR CHERRY TISANE” Cold mocha rooibos tea, sour cherry and Pedro Ximénez cordial, Bittered Sling orange and juniper bitters. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: all day, every day of the festival.
- #61* – “THE BLACK WIDOW” (*contains alcohol) Uva’s HC-inspired cocktail: reposado tequila influenced with cacao beans and coffee, Cherry Heering liquer, Amaro averna, Bittered Sling plum and rootbeer bitters. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available: Available every day of the festival, from 11 a.m. to closing.
- #62* – “CHARTREUSE MILKSHAKE” (*contains alcohol) Uva’s HC-inspired cocktail: Citadelle gin, green Chartreuse, cacao beans, lime and orange juice, Bittered Sling Malagasy chocolate bitters, egg white. Served with zeppoli (Italian doughnuts!) Available every day of the festival, from 11 a.m. to closing.
Back by Popular Demand for 2014
- #01 – “LIKE FEATHERS & SNOW” White Chocolate with warm spices. Served with a cardamom cookie. Available: January 18 – January 26
- #02 – “THE INTIMATE ACT” Milk Chocolate with passionfruit Served with a hazelnut cookie. Available: January 28 – February 5
- #03 – “HUNGERS SATISFIED” Dark Chocolate with black pepper, Served with a vanilla/maldon salt cookie. Available: February 6 – February 14
- #04 – “PEPPERMINT PATTY” Made from 70% Valrhona guanaja chocolate infused with organic peppermint and vanilla bean chantilly. Served with a double fudge cookie. Available: January 18 – 31
- #05 – “BANANA SPLIT” Made from 36% Valrhona Caramelia chocolate and topped with walnut marshmallows. Served with banana pound cake. Available: February 1 – 14
BELLA GELATERIA + TO DIE FOR BANANA BREAD
- #06 – “MONKEY’S UNCLE” gBAR made from banana liquer and swirls of “To Die For” Banana Bread crumb. Served with a slice of Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread alongside. Available: every day of the Festival
- #07 – “BLACK MAGIC” gBAR flavoured with black sesame and matcha tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival
- #08 – “THE EVITA” gBAR flavoured with salted caramel – Argentina style. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #09 – “LONDON FOGGY” gBAR flavoured with vanilla and Earl Grey tea. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #10 – “RED HOT CHILI PEPPER” gBAR flavoured with chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne. Served with Erin Ireland’s “To Die For” Banana Bread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #13 – “PUT DE LIME IN DE COCONUT” Single origin Venezuela chocolate with organic coconut and kalamansi lime. Accompanied by a toasted coconut shortbread. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #14 – “A SNOWBALL’S CHANCE IN HELL” Single origin Mexican chocolate with Mexican chili poured over house made chocolate ice cream. Accompanied by a flourless chocolate cookie. Available: every day of the Festival.
CHOCOLATERIE DE LA NOUVELLE FRANCE
- #37 – “Chocolat Glacé” Iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #38 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Cardamome” Cardamom flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #39 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Noix de Coco” Coconut flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #40 – “Chocolat Glacé à la Rose” Rose flavoured iced drinking chocolate. Served with a Gaufre de Liège waffle, along with a side of fleur de sel caramel or chocolate hazelnut spread. Available: every day of the festival that the shop is open.
- #15 – “APHRODITE’S DELIGHT” Made from 72% dark chocolate, with mango rosemary puree and almond milk (vegan and dairy free). Served with a side of rosemary anise fudge. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #16 – “PHAUN’S FANCY” Made from 64% dark chocolate with parmesan and fresh nutmeg. Served with a side of Umami No. 5 fudge. Available: January 25 – February 14
- #17 – “HERA’S HABIT” Made from 50% deep milk chocolate with malted milk balls. Served with vanilla bean cinnamon shortbread. Available: February 1 – 14
- #18 – “BACCHUS’ DREAM” Made from 72% dark chocolate with red wine reduction and apple ginger compote. Served with walnut shortbread (vegan and dairy free). Available: February 7 – 14
FRENCH MADE BAKING
- #21 – “MAGNIFIQUE BRUNETTE” Valrhona Araguani Dark Chocolate (72%) with coconut milk and toasted coconut. Served with “Congolais” (coconut macaroon dipped in chocolate). Available: January 18, 24, 29 and Feb 3, 8, 13
- #22 – “BLONDE FATALE” Valrhona Dulcey caramelized white chocolate and salted caramel. Served with “Sable Chocolat” (chocolate and sea salt shortbread). Available: January 20, 23, 28 and February 2, 7, 12
- #23 – “BELLE DU SUD” Lavender-infused Valrhona Bahibe milk chocolate. Served with “Guimauve” (vanilla marshmallow). Available: January 22, 27 and Feb 1, 6, 11.
- #24 – “LORD OF THE HOT CHOCOLATE” Earl Grey-infused Valrhona Jivara milk chocolate (Valrhona Bahibe 46%). Served with a French macaron of your choice. Available: January 19, 25, 30 and Feb 4, 9, 14.
- #25 – “BEYOND THE MILKY WAY” Valrhona Araguani dark chocolate (72%), pear and almond milk (dairy free). Served with “Marocaine” (almond flour ball flavoured with orange blossom water (dairy free). Available: January 21, 26, 31 and February 5, 10.
- #26 – “KISS ‘N’ TELL” Kissed by the sun, some things are meant to go together, just like orange and chocolate. Served with a candied orange peel chocolate creation. Available: January 18 – 24
- #27 – “TWISTED ROMANCE” You’ll go gaga over hot chocolate made with Aussie natural black licorice. Served with chocolate-dipped natural black licorice. Available: January 25 – February 2
- #28 – “POPPED CHERRY” Cherry, chocolate and fig, with a surprising pop. Served with a dried cherry chocolate creation. Available: February 4 – 14
- #33 – “TIGER MILK” White Belgian chocolate with cardimom, nutmeg and saffron. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #34 – “NOISETTE” Praline Belgian milk chocolate. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #35 – “JAMAICA KISS” Belgian Milk Chocolate flavoured with coconut, pineapple and rum. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
- #36 – “BOHO SECRET” A 72% Dark Belgian Chocolate flavoured with peppermint, turmeric, honey and pepper. Served with customer’s choice of liege waffle, cheesecake, chocolate, or a scoop of Italian ice cream. Available: every day of the Festival.
MINK CHOCOLATES & CAFE
- #41 – “PAULA DEAN WHITE TRASH TRAINWRECK” A 70% dark chocolate ganache with condensed milk, salted kettle chips, and vanilla whipped cream. Served with a 72% dark chocolate wafer. Available: January 18 – January 31.
- #42 – “CAFFE SHAKERATO CON CIOCCOLATO” Iced espresso and warm 70% dark ganache. Served with a chocolate covered lemon, orange or grapefruit citrus peel. Available: February 1 – February 14.
SCHOKOLADE ARTISAN CHOCOLATE
- #43 – “EXTRA DARK” Made from 90% dark chocolate and steamed almond milk. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays
- #44 – “DARK AND SPICY” Made from 70% dark chocolate, cayenne, a shot of espresso and steamed milk. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #45 – “BIG BAD WOLF” A 38% milk chocolate flavoured with a blend of gingerbread spices and steamed milk.
- Served with a gingerbread cookie. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #46 – “WINTER COMFORT” 100% pure hazelnut butter blended with your choice of milk or dark chocolate. Served with freshly made chocolate-dipped hazelnut biscotti. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #47 – “SNOW WHITE” White chocolate and steamed milk, flavoured with peppermint and rose. Served with four pieces of handcrafted chocolate pralines of your choice. Available: every day of the Festival. Closed Sundays and Mondays.
- #49 – “9 O’CLOCK GUN” An aromatic cedar hot chocolate – perfect for a stroll around Stanley Park. Served with an Elderberry Caramel Bar
- Available: January 18 – 20, Jan 30 – February 1, February 11-13
- #50 – “FIVE SPICE DRAGON” To sip on while taking in all Chinatown has to offer – five spice flavoured hot chocolate. Served with a Fennel Fortune Cookie. Available: January 21 – 23, February 2 – 4
- #51 – “GRANVILLE ISLAND GROCERY LIST” Inspired by the flavours of Granville Island, this is a beet and saffron hot chocolate.
- Served with a Gjetost macaron. Available: January 24 – 26, February 5 – 7
- #52 – “HOT TODDY FLOAT” You’d stay warm and cozy even in the peaks of Grouse Mountain with this buttered rum hot chocolate blended with wild mountain honey ice cream. Served with a Grouse Grind Reward Cluster. Available: January 27 – 29, February 8, 9
TERRA BREADS BAKERY (Kitsilano, Olympic Village, 5th Ave)
- #53 – “CALL ME A CAB” Cacao Barry Extra Brute Hot Chocolate with Cabernet, cinnamon and pear. Served with a pear crisp and a cocoa sugar cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #54 – “ALOHA SWEETIE” Barry Callebaut White Hot Chocolate with hibiscus flower. Served with mountain berry marshmallow and lemon sugar cookie. Available: January 18 – February 14
- #55 – “TRIO OF CHOCOLATE” The base of this hot chocolate is 66% Mokaya chocolate by Michel Cluizel. Served with a disk of 45% Kayambe milk chocolate and white chocolate ice cream. Available: January 18 – January 31
- #56 – “THE AMPAMAKIA” The base of this hot chocolate is Ampamakia 68% chocolate – a premium chocolate from a special plantation of Valrhona and only available at Thierry. Served with a marshmallow dipped in 80% chocolate. Available: February 1 – 10th
THOMAS HAAS (Kitsilano, North Vancouver)
- #57 – “THE CAMPFIRE” A classic hot chocolate, only with smoky caramel, smoked Hawaiian sea salt. Served with vanilla marshmallows.
- Available: every day of the Festival that the shops are open.
- #58 – “PASSIONISTA” Fresh passion fruit-infused hot chocolate with Grand Marnier chantilly. Served with passion fruit pate de fruit. Available: every day of the Festival that the shops are open
If New Orleans is a little far, than The Ouisi Bistro Vancouver on Granville Street is a great place to get your Southern, Cajun and Creole fix. The restaurant is easy to miss especially amongst clothing stores and big restaurants like West Restaurant around the corner. […]
Salut! Les Faux Bourgeois is perfect little bistro located on a perfect little corner on Fraser and 15th; Or maybe I should say Fraser and Kingsway would make more sense. This sneaky little corner is full of goodies: Matchstick Coffee, Spool of Thread, The Artway Art Studio […]